2022 Coon Carnage Count Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2022 Coon Carnage Count Thread

Happy New Year! 2021 sucked for some of the same reasons (Covid) and some new ones but let's not let it stop us from thumping some coon heads.. [emoji41]

Aight folks ...we had 2017 with 1781 coons, 2018 with 860, 2019 w/ 791, 2020 w/ 1369, and 2021 w/ 807 meeting their demise. That’s 5,608 confirmed food bills collected!.....

Bring on a bountiful 2022 for helping save those turkey and quail eggs as well as those feeder timers and solar panels..

Most of us already have our traps but in case some folks don't, I'm going to repost the pics I did last year in case somebody wants to jump into the fun. If you don't have any coon cuffs/dogproof traps, here is your motivation to go get a set or two or 10... Gun kills qualify too. Hell let's add TBHer vehicle kills as well because a dead coon is a dead coon....but don't do anything stupid trying to get one with your BF Goodrich.

When you get one or some, post your number and add it to the current running total.

Also if you don't mind, list how you got them... ie, trap type, bait used, or weapon if hunting them ....or of course vehicle kill. Listing will hopefully help some folks get and idea if they are new to it and want to start up.

We'll get after them hot and heavy this March and April and on any of our trips out west on lease work trips this summer using Duke dogproofs corn, protein and/or marshmallows....

Good luck!

3 with dukes on 1/4/2022 Corn and protein with Dukes.

Comment

My son was sitting in his blind and saw what he thought were a few small hogs heading straight for his feeder outside of Bowie. Turns out the hogs were coons. He took out five of them with his 223. My grandson helped on one.

Total: 8

Comment

Since 1-02-2022, I've taken 5 off my feeder with Bridger DP's.

Total: 13

Comment

9 this year so far with Duke DP traps using Marshmallows & protein.

Total 22

Comment

Nice start fellas!!

Comment

Got one last night total 23

Comment

Caught 3 last week in Dog Proofs
                Total 26

Comment

Caught one at the lease Saturday night. Duke's with corn and protein.
                  Attached Files

Comment

# 28 in the back yard. Someone has been digging in my trash. I used chicken bones as bait.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

No pic

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

30- ford F-250 and cooper tires

Comment

33….. weapon was a —————-

Comment

53, we shot 20 from the porch of the camp over two nights with .22 rifles.

Comment

60 Trapped 7 new years weekend with dukes and sardines/corn.

Comment

Working...
                              X