X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
    Thank me later....

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    I have the electric Worksharp and love it. I bought the above one based on the recommendation here and that is a great little sharpener. I've had it for a while and have not really used it. Got it out the other day and am really happy.

Comment

Originally posted by bakin7005 View Post
      Thank me later....

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
      After using 4 knifes to clean one deer last week I was bound and determined to spend however much I had to on a sharpener. I have a worksharp and user error I'm not in love with it.

I ordered one of these yesterday and tonight I've taken several knifes from rounded blades to shaving.

So... Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger View Post
        i have bought so many knife sharpening gimmicks since i had a stroke i couldnt sharpen a knife to save my soul has anyone had luck with the warthog vsharp i have something similar but it just doesnt work that well im tired of asking people to sharpen my knife for me i used arkansas wet stone before but i just cant use them anymore
        PM sent, I got one you can have right down the road if I can find it. If your still interested.

Comment

I can't sharpen anything free-hand on a stone or steel. Has to have fixed angles or something similar.

I have a Warthog v-sharp and bought them for my daughters. It works well on the kitchen knives and is easy to use and works well. I know that changing the little steel holders is a tad challenging and does require some dexterity. If you've had a stroke, will you be able to use it? But I would not suggest it for use in the field.

The Warthog V-Curve also works well and is much simpler to use.

I sharpen my 2-blade broadheads with a Rada and strop to get shaving sharp results using a very light pressure draw stroke. It is REALLY simple. Should work on a knife just as well and easy to use in the field if needed.

Best of luck on your choice.
          Last edited by SJP51; 11-25-2021, 06:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by El Viejo View Post
            Box cutter is the easiest thing to use on hogs. The only time you need something bigger is on splitting the pelvis. I can usually find it with a box cutter on a deer, but for some reason the hogs are harder to hit, at least for me.
            Used box cutter for years...

Comment

I struggle to get mine razor sharp

I took my hard-to-sharpen “Buck” knives to ACE hardware and they sharpened with a laser sharpener in about 2 minutes.

We will see how it lasts in the field soon.

Comment

The Warthog works pretty decent with you disability it would be a good choice in my opinion. If we were closer I would volunteer to sharpen em for ya just to listen to some of your stories about cars.

Comment

Fixed blade systems such as KME, Warthog, and Edge Pro are fairly easy to learn to get a good edge with.
                  I prefer to use wet stones, but you have to have patience to learn free hand.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubi513 View Post
                    Fixed blade systems such as KME, Warthog, and Edge Pro are fairly easy to learn to get a good edge with.
                    I prefer to use wet stones, but you have to have patience to learn free hand.
                    I once had to wait for 5 seconds in line to get a snow cone. This exhuasted all the patience I ever had, and explains my inability to sharpen knives.

Comment

Originally posted by SJP51 View Post
                      I once had to wait for 5 seconds in line to get a snow cone. This exhuasted all the patience I ever had, and explains my inability to sharpen knives.
                      Just realized I have already posted on this thread…
                      I will take lack of patience over forgetfulness…

Comment

I have a work sharp, wart hog v sharp and a wicked edge . I prefer the wicked edge .

Comment

I have the WS it works great for me, but I don't use high dollar knives. I don't know that I would use it for expensive knives.

Comment

knife sharpening help...

This is the best thing I have ever bought and used to sharpen kitchen and pocket knives:

It works GREAT, and I even use it to sharpen my 2-blade German Kinetic broadheads!!!!!

Disclaimer: it will only work on 2-blade broadheads that you can remove the blade from the ferrule.

After using this machine, knives will effortlessly slice thru tomatoes, and broadheads will easily shave hair from your arms!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                              This is the best thing I have ever bought and used to sharpen kitchen and pocket knives:

It works GREAT, and I even use it to sharpen my 2-blade German Kinetic broadheads!!!!!

Disclaimer: it will only work on 2-blade broadheads that you can remove the blade from the ferrule.

After using this machine, knives will effortlessly slice thru tomatoes, and broadheads will easily shave hair from your arms!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                              This ^^ End of story

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sasqy View Post
                                Just buy a Havalon or Outdoor edge !
                                Scalpel sharp every time.
                                Best advice right here. Agree 100 percent.

Comment

Working...
                                X