No announcement yet.

School me on Skid Steers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have a JD track with cab. Its fine... use it for farm work. Has alot of bell's and whistles

My advice, a/c cab for sure but keep it simple. Some of the units out there can really do alot of stuff, for large technical construction projects. A lil much for farm and ranch work

My next unit will just have basic controls with tracks and a/c cab. I know alot of the folks commenting might be able to name some machines with those parameters.
    Last edited by camoclad; 12-27-2019, 09:42 AM.

Comment

1. Cat
      2. Kubota

Get:
      Tracks
      Cab and air
      High Flow
      75+ Hp

Comment

I've had two Bobcat's,and 2 Caterpillar.
        The last Cat had rubber tracks.It was a 997 with cab/air..If you're working in rocky areas on the farm,those tracks get chunks ripped out of 'em real fast.The cab heat was handy in the winter time,but I'm in/out of them so much;opening/closing the door is a p.i.t.a.
        I'd go with a Cat,perforated no flat tires..Forks,and a grapple bucket to start off with.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Don’t forget about the door system on the Kubota... smartest thing they could have done if you do more than dirt work or clearing! Your boom can be at any height and you can still exit the cab.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Go test drive them
            I am not be comfortable in kubota or cat so I got the Deere 333g

Comment

I use my Deere every day. My plan was buy clean my place up and then sell it. I will never sell it!

Comment

^^^^^

Comment

Deere 333G is what we have and it’s been great. Have the mulching head and I don’t want to get off of it.

Comment

^^^
                    Same here

Comment

Originally posted by Mohawkman View Post
                      I use my Deere every day. My plan was buy clean my place up and then sell it. I will never sell it!
                      I did the same thing. In 2015, I bought a Kubota 90-2 and Bradco ground shark to clean up a place I bought, and though I’m not using the machine much anymore, I don’t want to sell it.

Comment

Kubota svl95-2. Full cab track machine

This is the machine we run. Got the mulcher with it. Wouldn't take for it. The mulcher makes it easy to clean cedars out from under oak trees and along creeks. We got mulcher, blade and brush grappler all for just under $100k.

Had a New Holland wheeled loader before that with a tree shear.... The machine was ok but the tree shear was way to slow and you ended up with half the tree in the cab with you.

Good luck, they are definitely fun to use and very useful.

Comment

My cousin made an attachment called the Grub N’ Rake. It’s great for brush control. You can google it and see it. He’s located in Brady

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                            1. Cat
                            2. Kubota

Get:
                            Tracks
                            Cab and air
                            High Flow
                            75+ Hp
                            Nailed it

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                              I don’t know much about them, but if I were contemplating a purchase I think I would rent several different ones and then make that decision. Everyone that has one is gonna say their choice is the best !
                              ^^^^^^Best advice on this thread!

Comment

Kubota svl 90-2 here and it's the greatest piece of equipment ever

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X