No announcement yet.

Shot a 10 pt this evening :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I decided to take a little break because I have 2 people on the way to come help, We are going to do a grid search. Thats the only hope left, I only found a little blood since 7 a.m. If we dont find him I at least hope hes alive hes a main frame 10 I would guess would score 145 to 150. If we dont find him the buzzards will and ill find the buzzards.

Well this is LAST blood found after 4 hours of searching...Disapointment.

Here is the arrow it went all the way through but didnt fall out for awhile.

Comment

Keep at it. Gut shot--he will head to water. Keep looking for him til the buzzards show you where he is if you don't find him first. Don't give up, there are still many possible places for you to look. Sometimes when I lose blood, I follow what my gut tells me where the deer will go based on the direction it was headed when it took off. It works. But, is time consuming at the same time, as I am still looking for blood. When I find it again, the deer is usually not far away. It is a very good lesson for tracking as well, always something to learn to help the next track job.

Comment

Good Luck, you will find him!

Comment

Keep at it.. prayers that you find him.

Comment

Come on we are all pulling for you

Comment

Good luck, you'll find him out there.

Comment

deer is down walking away is gonna make it so you recover!

Comment

Keep looking. This happened to me 3 years ago, and after about 400 yards we found him berried into some thick brush under a low hanging cedar tree. GOOD LUCK!

Comment

Come on bud, I'm rooting for you. Based on that arrow and your story that deer is dead.... look in the thickest cover you can find.

Also is he running in a straight line or making a bunch of turns? Usually a deer hit hard will stay on a main course and not change directions to much until right before he piles up.

Good luck I'm following

Comment

Good luck. You'll find him

Comment

Call someone to "bring their dog for a WALK on your place" and leave all guns, knives and bows at camp.

That law is BS.

Comment

Hope you find him!

Comment

Get Him! I know ur close!

Comment

Ifound mine burryied under a cedar tree in the shade!! keep lookin!!! if he's under a tree it'll take the buzzards a while to find him! GOOD LUCK!!!!!!

Comment

Been following along waiting for a positive update. Keep at it. Hopefully the fresh eyes will help. Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                                X