Menard 2018-2019 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wil Taylor View Post
    If everything goes as planed I’ll be making my first hunting trip Wednesday morning. Deer were coming in heavy to the feeders until weekend before opener. I’m hoping it’s not from what I think. But we will see.
    Good luck!

Comment

How’s the hunting been the last few days? Gonna be out all day tomorrow

Comment

Bryan, be ready for some moisture late tonight and early in the morning. You may have a good hunt mid-morning as this system passes. Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Lee230 View Post
          Bryan, be ready for some moisture late tonight and early in the morning. You may have a good hunt mid-morning as this system passes. Good luck!
          Thanks for the info! Figured it might be good after the rain

Comment

Originally posted by wilcox1088 View Post
            We are down silver mine. Looked like we got some good rain the last couple days
            Wilcox, I saw a NICE Axis a couple of weeks ago at Silver Mine and the main road! Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by ontarget View Post
              Wilcox, I saw a NICE Axis a couple of weeks ago at Silver Mine and the main road! Good Luck!
              I see them quite a bit right there at the two roads. Haven’t quite made it to our place yet

Comment

Well looks like another 5" of rain with more on the way. Sick of rain. Yes I know better for the animals but I like the feeder going off and them being so hungry they come running. Not rainforest conditions and cant even get into camp.

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
                  Well looks like another 5" of rain with more on the way. Sick of rain. Yes I know better for the animals but I like the feeder going off and them being so hungry they come running. Not rainforest conditions and cant even get into camp.
                  We didnt even hunt this morning because of the lightning BUT we did have to stop out at our stands before we could leave and our roads were impassible with anything except a 4 wheeler and even that was difficult. There was standing and running water everywhere... even the county road going out was flooded

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                    We didnt even hunt this morning because of the lightning BUT we did have to stop out at our stands before we could leave and our roads were impassible with anything except a 4 wheeler and even that was difficult. There was standing and running water everywhere... even the county road going out was flooded

Somebody did the rain dance WAY TOO LONG!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
                      Somebody did the rain dance WAY TOO LONG!!!!
                      I was really looking forward to hunting this morning to after what happened yesterday evening!

Comment

Originally posted by nursejenn View Post
                        I was really looking forward to hunting this morning to after what happened yesterday evening!
                        ECH needs to go read NJ live thread to see what happened yesterday eve!

Comment

Originally posted by BuckySWT View Post
                          This is year 3 of supplemental feeding for us.

Looking back at pics of what we started with vs what we have now as far as numbers and size/health is dramatic.
                          We started feeding protein year-round almost 6 years ago and there's a huge difference in the antler size, body size, and overall health. We are starting to see a lot more 6pt and 8pt yearlings. The first couple of years we would see around 75% yearling spikes and now I've only gotten one picture of a yearling spike this year. Good luck to you guys!

We are in the eastern/northeastern most part of Menard County, near Calf Creek.

Comment

Hunting the thunderstorm paid off this morning! Managed to spot and stalk to within 20 yds of a group of does and then blew the shot, missed low. Less than 20 minutes later I got on a good cull 5 point and the arrow flew true! Backstrap in the freezer!!

Comment

Awesome, Congrats!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bryan2014 View Post
                                Hunting the thunderstorm paid off this morning! Managed to spot and stalk to within 20 yds of a group of does and then blew the shot, missed low. Less than 20 minutes later I got on a good cull 5 point and the arrow flew true! Backstrap in the freezer!!
                                Congrats.

Anyone seeing any increase in deer activity at the feeders? Really worried that the deer and axis have abandoned the feeder because of the new cows but hoping its just too green.

Comment

Working...
                                X