No announcement yet.

Menard 2018-2019 season thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody else have really slow hunting this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
      Anybody else have really slow hunting this weekend?
      We are doing ok. Not normal numbers but we are seeing deer

Comment

Slow for most of us. Not seeing regular numbers and what deer we are seeing are extremely spooky

Comment

Originally posted by wilcox1088 View Post
          Slow for most of us. Not seeing regular numbers and what deer we are seeing are extremely spooky
          Slow here as well. What movement I have seen makes me think they’ve been up all night with the bright moon
          Last edited by MenardCountyBow; 09-30-2018, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Way to green out there. No need for them to travel far to feed.
            Hopefully all this rain will rot the acorns though.

Comment

Yup pretty slow. Even cameras are slow. Did see some deer and finally got camp set up.

Comment

Hunted yesterday saw 8bucks, an 3does. Out in the blind again this afternoon. Hope one of the shooters comes out. Have to Thursday to see if any of the big boys come to play.

Comment

Originally posted by capt1brooks View Post
                  Hunted yesterday saw 8bucks, an 3does. Out in the blind again this afternoon. Hope one of the shooters comes out. Have to Thursday to see if any of the big boys come to play.
                  Good luck, hope you get one.

Comment

I was out this weekend. I didn’t hunt but set my girlfriend up and she seen 9 bucks and only one doe. The doves were very thick and it was easy limits. Have a bunch on camera and I’m hoping some of the acorns rot before next trip.

Comment

Originally posted by chewjr View Post
                      I was out this weekend. I didn’t hunt but set my girlfriend up and she seen 9 bucks and only one doe. The doves were very thick and it was easy limits. Have a bunch on camera and I’m hoping some of the acorns rot before next trip.
                      Good to read about the doves, they were few and far between for us a few weeks ago. Of course now that we are bowhunting the dove will be on every limb surrounding my set-ups .

Comment

Our deer numbers were normal for Friday, (hunting a problem pig and had 26 deer at the feeder,does and lots of young bucks) and Saturday morning I saw 18 does and one spike. Then the rain hit and we could no longer drive on the pasture. We did not hunt after the storm, but numbers were decent. No mature bucks for us or our neighbors. Looks like April on our place on the eastern side of the county. Good luck to all going back out soon.

Comment

Anywhere besides Compton Feed store sell the portable feeder pens close by? Compton feed store not sure if the same guy when I call as the old man in the warehouse or what but he must really hate life. Always in a bad mood. Other lease mates had the same problem so we started buying corn and feed at the other feed store but they do not have the panels.

Comment

Originally posted by elliscountyhog View Post
                            Anywhere besides Compton Feed store sell the portable feeder pens close by? Compton feed store not sure if the same guy when I call as the old man in the warehouse or what but he must really hate life. Always in a bad mood. Other lease mates had the same problem so we started buying corn and feed at the other feed store but they do not have the panels.
                            Lol he is not friendly by any means. That’s why we have been using kothmanns

Comment

Always have used Kothmanns.
                              No complaints at all and usually have the cheapest corn.

Comment

If everything goes as planed I’ll be making my first hunting trip Wednesday morning. Deer were coming in heavy to the feeders until weekend before opener. I’m hoping it’s not from what I think. But we will see.

Comment

Working...
                                X