Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the closest you have come to death?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When I sent the wife this text and left the letter E off the last word. It was a close call for sure!

Why correct spelling is important.

Spelling is so very important. Think not?

Let me tell you friends that one simple spelling mistake--even a typo--can make your life hell.

I recently texted a short, message to my wife while I was away on a hunting trip, and I missed one small letter.

I wrote, "Hi honey, I'm enjoying and experiencing the best time of my whole life. I wish you were her!”

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
      When I sent the wife this text and left the letter E off the last word. It was a close call for sure!

Why correct spelling is important.

Spelling is so very important. Think not?

Let me tell you friends that one simple spelling mistake--even a typo--can make your life hell.

I recently texted a short, message to my wife while I was away on a hunting trip, and I missed one small letter.

I wrote, "Hi honey, I'm enjoying and experiencing the best time of my whole life. I wish you were her!”
      There goes another keyboard and monitor screen. You owe me

Comment

I had the lymes disease one time and died 13 times in the hospital.

Or maybe not.

I'm not sure. Maybe I had the lies disease.

Or could have been the ketosis.

Comment

My motorcycle days in Deer Park, doing wheelies down center street at 80 mph between cars......dont know how I survived those years...

2nd one was just a few years ago, riding a 650 Kawasaki prairie out of a deep river bed, with my son sitting on the front rack, hit a rut at the very top and over the top she came landed on top of my twice, threw my son over the ledge, bounced a few times and struck my BIL in the chest and rolled over him. I thought I killed my son, my BIL had cracked ribs and I was tore up from the floor up....after it was all over I ended up with a broken wrist.....and a vow to never do that again.

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
            I had the lymes disease one time and died 13 times in the hospital.

Or maybe not.

I'm not sure. Maybe I had the lies disease.

Or could have been the ketosis.
            They gave you enough blood to fill two dozen elephants. How were you burning up that much blood? Bad piston rings or blown head gasket?

Comment

Originally posted by dagdog View Post
              Was in college and floating down the Guadalupe. Went over a waterfall and lost my tube. Got sucked under by the whirlpool hydraulic. Was under and could only see water and bubbles. Was out of air and got spit up to the surface. There were a lot of people yelling and trying to reach me. Got sucked under again. Water and bubbles. Finally my foot touched a rock and I pushed off of it. Came up just as my tube which had been circling in the current came around to me. Grabbed it and made it out. Folks were yelling at me asking if I was ok. Dumb drunk idiots I was with had no idea where I was or what had happened. Ended up with new friends.

Thankful to God.
              We pulled a guy out that got swept under the falls coming out of Aquarena Springs one time.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                There goes another keyboard and monitor screen. You owe me
                lol

Comment

One of my best friends handed me a "jammed rifle" to see if I could get the round out and he had his finger on the trigger and the safety off. As I grabbed it, it went off about 2 inches over my forehead. He wasn't pointing it at me when he extended it out - barrel was towards the sky. His finger hooked the trigger and it pivoted down as I pulled the stock.

Comment

My two were just close calls. One night turned west onto OSR from I45 headed home in the rain. Was doing 60 mph. My dad was in front of me a ways. OSR is a horrible road to drive on as it’s bumpy and holds water. It was 2am and I didn’t think of that. Halfway between Normangee and 45 I hit water and my truck starts hydroplaning. On top of that an 18 wheeler was meeting me in the oncoming lane and guess where my truck is headed...I let off the gas and the only chance I had was turn that wheel to the right ditch. Right before I could do that I caught traction again and got back in the right lane. Had it been 5 seconds later ida hit that truck head on.

Second one was headed back to bryan one night from coon hunting. Speed limit is 70 and I was coming around a down hill left bend in the road. As I’m coming around it my headlights light up a black brangus bull in the middle of the road. Too late to brake and I hit the oncoming lane to miss him. Luckily there wasn’t no one coming and I missed the bull. I called it into brazos county sheriffs department and told em that black sob is gonna kill someone if he don’t get off the road. Apparently two others had told them about the same thing before me and they already had a unit headed there. I passed him a couple miles later. Those both coulda ended badly if the worse happened. Especially the 18 wheeler

Comment

Glad the Viet Cong couldn't fire the missiles very accurate.

Comment

Ive had a couple close calls on the hwy but... this past year we went to Chicago.

So its our last day there and we are there with my wifes family. We were going to head to the airport and the Uber was going to cost like $120 for a 5-10 mile drive. So my mother in law looks up the train and its like $10 for everyone to go. When she told me her plan I knew we would be going through the bad part of Chicago and it was just getting dark. I wasn't excited but we took off and got on the train. As soon as I got on the train I was uncomfortable it was absolutely packed so I let my pregnant wife sit down and we were packed in there like sardines. We make 1 stop and just get back going and I have my back to the door when all the sudden I hear the doors kick open and people start yelling and theres a black man with a hood on leaning out the doors and I thought wow this guys about to kill himself... Then the train comes to a stop and he never jumped so all the sudden the dude turns to us and you cant see his face cause he has a hood on and he is just staring rocking back and forth with his hands in his pockets. My brother and sister n law were prolly 5 ft away from him and it was so jam packed I couldn't get to them. It is completely silent on this train, you could hear a pin drop and all of the sudden the lady sitting next to my wife calls the police on speaker and is saying "theres a idiot on this train holding it up blah blah blah" I looked at her and said ma'am please stop talking about 30 times at this point the man is staring her down... it is very intense inside this train car. The conductor shows up and jumps up in the train and says "somebody keeps opening these doors and they need to stop" the black man jumps right in his face and says "ill f*&%(&g shoot you" he never pulled his hands out of his pockets... then the black man jumps out of the train and runs off into the hood of Chicago. When we finally get to airport im thanking God he didn't shoot the place up and we ran into the conductor, he told us that was the first time in 30 years that had ever happened..... I will not be going back to Chicago anytime soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Creed Killer View Post
                          Ive had a couple close calls on the hwy but... this past year we went to Chicago.

So its our last day there and we are there with my wifes family. We were going to head to the airport and the Uber was going to cost like $120 for a 5-10 mile drive. So my mother in law looks up the train and its like $10 for everyone to go. When she told me her plan I knew we would be going through the bad part of Chicago and it was just getting dark. I wasn't excited but we took off and got on the train. As soon as I got on the train I was uncomfortable it was absolutely packed so I let my pregnant wife sit down and we were packed in there like sardines. We make 1 stop and just get back going and I have my back to the door when all the sudden I hear the doors kick open and people start yelling and theres a black man with a hood on leaning out the doors and I thought wow this guys about to kill himself... Then the train comes to a stop and he never jumped so all the sudden the dude turns to us and you cant see his face cause he has a hood on and he is just staring rocking back and forth with his hands in his pockets. My brother and sister n law were prolly 5 ft away from him and it was so jam packed I couldn't get to them. It is completely silent on this train, you could hear a pin drop and all of the sudden the lady sitting next to my wife calls the police on speaker and is saying "theres a idiot on this train holding it up blah blah blah" I looked at her and said ma'am please stop talking about 30 times at this point the man is staring her down... it is very intense inside this train car. The conductor shows up and jumps up in the train and says "somebody keeps opening these doors and they need to stop" the black man jumps right in his face and says "ill f*&%(&g shoot you" he never pulled his hands out of his pockets... then the black man jumps out of the train and runs off into the hood of Chicago. When we finally get to airport im thanking God he didn't shoot the place up and we ran into the conductor, he told us that was the first time in 30 years that had ever happened..... I will not be going back to Chicago anytime soon!
                          WOW...Do you think he was on drugs or just mentally unstable?

Comment

Originally posted by Lawhunter View Post
                            I'm going to guess likely both.

Comment

Originally posted by Lawhunter View Post
                              man I really don't know. He had that hood on and his hands in his pockets.... all I kept thinking was im gonna have to cover my wife and this might be it for me cause that lady wouldn't shut her mouth. She was going on and on about how he was a idiot and didn't have a gun..... see here's the issue, in Texas there would have been several guns pulled and the threat would have been eliminated if need be. In Chicago you cant have a gun. When we got the doors closed and left a lady turned to me and said we should have tried to see if that man needed help and shut the doors, he wasn't trying to harm nobody. I looked at her and said we don't have issues like this in Texas. I was literally scared for my life and couldn't protect me or my family.

Comment

Wrecked my truck one night going around a curve. Looking at it the next day the cab is dented above my head. A road sign hit the cab and stopped an inch or two above my head. Would've split my wig if I hit it much harder.

Walking across a street in San Antonio about 20 yards from a curve. I look and no cars are coming, take one step onto the street and hear my cousin yell. I pivot on my foot and do a 180 spin out of pure instinct and this car that was hauling a** almost takes some leg hairs off. Some comic relief happened soon after. We get where we're going and I say, "Would've sucked to die today". My cousin puts that quote on Facebook with my first name. His phone starts going off with rude messages and a family fight brewing. A few months before that a cousin on his side of the family, with the same first name as me, was shot and killed in San Antonio.

Comment

Working...
                                X