• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1976 Dodge Power Wagon...

Comment

Originally posted by ganngus View Post
      1976 Dodge Power Wagon...
      She would love that. She wants a "big cool truck". I told her she better work hard and get a good job.

Comment

Personally would get a Toyota Corolla or Honda. You can get a brand new one for under 18K, or for a few thousand less a used one. If you are talking longevity its hard to beat a toyota.

Comment

Subaru

Comment

I'd consider a VW Jetta

My wife had one for a couple years and she really loved it. Great gas mileage, and dependable car. Only reason she had to get rid of it was we needed a bigger family vehicle and she went to an SUV.

Comment

$17k - $18k to spend on car

My dad drives Toyota Camrys for work. He drives about 1500 miles per week. He put over 450,000 miles on his last one before he traded it. (Still ran fine, just started burning oil) Last I knew, he's approaching 300,000 on his current car. He always buys certified pre-owned cars with around 20,000 miles. (Usually Rentals)

Camrys are also supposed to be pretty safe. He got rear ended on the interstate earlier this year at about 70 mph by a Toyota 4-Runner SUV. No injuries other than being a little sore the next day.
              Last edited by Raider4044; 09-14-2018, 01:01 PM.

Comment

If she knows where she is going to college you may want to make sure there is a dealer close to campus or in town that can service and work on it.

Comment

I drive a Fiesta Hatch an hour to work everyday and I love it. 33 miles to the gallon and bought it brand new for only $14,000.

Comment

Subaru= suber reliable

Comment

I got my daughter a KIA Optima, which is the size of a Camry or Accord. It ran like a champ. When she decided to get a small SUV, she went with a KIA Sportage. I’ve always been a truck, and “buy American” guy. Found out KIA is made in Georgia, so they meet that criteria. I highly recommend them. The 100,000 mile power train and 60,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty are top notch. Plus if you buy a KIA with less than 60,000 miles, you can purchase the bumper to bumper that continues out to 100,000 miles.

Comment

TBH'r Bourland has a sweet '15 Corolla for sale. Low miles and great price! Same car I bought my daughter. The new ones seem a bit bigger than my '09...which has 268k on it right now. As far as safety goes...at work I've seen two of em in bad wrecks..one head on. Bumper was below windshield, motor crushed away and went under(as designed) and peeps not seriously hurt. I was impressed. Saw a nissan altima do the same thing and the car that hit it was pushing 80-90. Those guys got out with sprained ankles! (and maybe some poo in their huggies!) Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel32 View Post
                          I'd consider a VW Jetta

My wife had one for a couple years and she really loved it. Great gas mileage, and dependable car. Only reason she had to get rid of it was we needed a bigger family vehicle and she went to an SUV.
                          Never had a Jetta, but we did have a Beetle and a Passat. The cars were OK, but the experiences we had with Clear Lake Volkswagen were horrible. Won’t get another VW unless there’s another dealership opening close to us.

Comment

I must be doing something wrong in life. I'm shopping for a car for myself and have the same budget.

Comment

Kia has a hundred thousand mile warranty my wife is in the 90k range on hers with no issues except something that was covered under warranty. Only thing I've done on that car out of my pocket is oil and brakes and I think my oil changes are 10 or 15 dollars at the dealership we bought it from

Comment

Used Toyota Avalon

Got. 2014 with 30k. Now at 88k

Would let go for 13k

Leather and loaded

My commute went to 18 miles one way...i now drive my truck. Going to carmax next week

Comment

Working...
                                X