Squirrel Hunting 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Squirrel Hunting 2018-19

This year I plan on spending a lot of time in the Pineywoods and will be squirrel hunting this year. Looking forward to it and hope everybody is as well.

I have not seen any squirrel Forums so I decided to start one.

It dont matter where you shoot em post em up.
    Or you can say where it dont matter.
    This year its raining squirrels.

Originally posted by Deertropolis243 View Post
    This year I plan on spending a lot of time in the Pineywoods and will be squirrel hunting this year. Looking forward to it and hope everybody is as well.

I have not seen any squirrel Forums so I decided to start one.

It dont matter where you shoot em post em up.
    Or you can say where it dont matter.
    This year its raining squirrels.
    Have been shooting them all year. If I don't keep 'em thinned out I don't get any fruit from my trees. Bagged about 50 so far but the real fun will begin as soon as the leaves get thinned out some. Don't eat the little flea/tick infested rascals in the summer though.

Comment

I'll be taking them in Irving. It's about the only hunting I've done as of late.

Comment

I promised my son we would get after them this fall around the house on some land that I have access to for dove and squirrel hunting. We have a season up here (Hunt county) so we can't shoot them until October.

At our deer lease we have a few squirrels and there's no season there so he has been after them around the camphouse when we go down there.

Next time we go squirrel hunting I'll post up our results on this thread.

Comment

Me and my granddaughter will be after them at Lavon when it cools down some.

Comment

Used to love it but havent been in probably 30 years! I recently retired so i plan to this year. My lease doesn't have any so i'll being trying the public land. Should be fun and im really looking forward to it!

Comment

Love this thread!

Comment

I need a new place to hunt them this year! I've been going to the SHNF, but the area I have been going to the past few years hasn't been producing like years before.

Comment

I will be hunting them in Nacogdoches when the season opens this year. I haven't specifically hunted for squirrels before so am excited to do a squirrel only trip for the first time.

Comment

With the hog bounty and heat I've been focused on the night-time hog hunting and haven't been after the tree rats. My CZ 452 and Remington 513S are whining all the time. "When do I get to go?" is all I hear when I walk by the safe.

Here is some stimulus to get the blood pumping--Used a Remington Model 33 NRA model with peep sights--a single shot. True nostalgia for me.

Last edited by dustoffer; 09-14-2018, 09:53 AM.

Comment

I do love to squirrel hunt. I haven't had time to shoot my bow, so October will be spent looking up in the tree tops. San Augustine county.

Comment

Originally posted by mev002 View Post
                        I need a new place to hunt them this year! I've been going to the SHNF, but the area I have been going to the past few years hasn't been producing like years before.
                        I was covered up with them in the two spots i hunted at SHNF

Comment

Originally posted by Italianxbowuser View Post

Care to share where you were??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by mev002 View Post
                            Care to share where you were??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            PM Sent

Comment

Originally posted by Italianxbowuser View Post
                              Were you just squirrel hunting or bowhunting? I'm anxious to get out there and chase them but at the same time dont want to mess anybodys deer hunt up. Is that generally a problem out there? Are small game hunters "frowned" upon? I guess i shouldnt worry about it to much but i've always had a deer lease and pretty specific spots to hunt. I recently retired so now have the time to spend enjoying the woods. Killing some bushytails will just be a bonus! Thanks for any thoughts

Comment

Working...
                              X