No announcement yet.

2019 TBH Crappie Get Together!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man what a nice gesture! Even if they only share 25% of the coordinates! [emoji6]

Looking forward to trying out my new garmin echomap...

Comment

Nice work Spearchnker! Yall's club has got it go-n on!

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
        From today. This makes about 100 trees made and sunk in 2 weeks!

No pot lickers when we do this trip

I'm gonna guess Williams creek crappie club!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
          From today. This makes about 100 trees made and sunk in 2 weeks!

No pot lickers when we do this trip
          Congrats on all the hard work.
          I do have a question.
          Back before side imaging folks sunk brush piles so they could go back to the same spot and hope to catch fish.
          With today’s sonar it is so easy to find fish, do you think it helps any?

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
            I do have a question.
            Back before side imaging folks sunk brush piles so they could go back to the same spot and hope to catch fish.
            I think they help. We sink where you have to have a spot lock or wear yourself out on a trolling motor to stay on top.

Brush piles to deteriorate and move over time. New piles are needed to hold bait and thus fish too.

We will see in March.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
              I'm gonna guess Williams creek crappie club!!!

Yup

Comment

Originally posted by Buff View Post
                I do have a question.
                We rebrush several spots every year and make some new ones as well. Not as many on lakes like Fork or Pines since there's so much natural cover left in the lake. Tough part about brushing lakes like that IMO is you can sink 40 piles and 10 will be worth fishing! I can sink 40 in a lake that looks like a cereal bowl and catch crappie off all 40 at some point in the year!

Comment

Rayburn has to many.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                    Rayburn has to many.

I hate most the jugs were cut off em last trip!! Hell before all you had to do was look for a jug floating in the water. It was marking a brushpile the size of a school bus more times than a trotline!! Rayburn was good last year but not like the year before. Texoma was the insane lake for numbers this year. That said Fork is gonna kick out big fish at the get together and Tawakoni will fill coolers. Both those lakes are a lot of fun in their own way. Saw Garmin livescope yesterday for the first time. Crazy how many fish swim up and look at your jig and then swim off! More I crappie fish the more I realize I suck at it!! 17 years and counting!!![emoji23]

Comment

Yeah Rayburn had a ton of small fish,8 ft high now. I have a 10 inch Garmin on my boat now just don't no if I want to spend the money on the transducer [emoji13]. Just put a new mega 12" bird on my boat today.

Comment

Come on three years! I'm ready to get ya over with.

Lorance is supposed to release it's version of Live scope or live view this year. I suspect the rest of the industry will follow suit, over time driving prices down some. This could change the way most would fish. I'm wondering what tech will be available in 10 more years.

Comment

T.G. I believe it will be under water camera quality.

Comment

Im seriously interested in going. Finally have a job where weekends are open to do some activities.

I fished Fork quite a bit the last few years. One weekend, 10 fisherman on two barges, caught our limit and released nearly 1000 fish of all sizes. Its an amazing fishery.

Its a blast reeling in a slab from 15-20 ft down and the rod doubles over when a ditch pickle gets hungry. Landed two that way my last year on the lake.

Only problem is i am currently boatless. Anybody need some company? I’ll buy the beer [emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by bloodstick View Post
                              Im seriously interested in going. Finally have a job where weekends are open to do some activities.

I fished Fork quite a bit the last few years. One weekend, 10 fisherman on two barges, caught our limit and released nearly 1000 fish of all sizes. Its an amazing fishery.

Its a blast reeling in a slab from 15-20 ft down and the rod doubles over when a ditch pickle gets hungry. Landed two that way my last year on the lake.

Only problem is i am currently boatless. Anybody need some company? I’ll buy the beer [emoji16]

Just show up. I’m sure someone will have room.

Comment

I would really like to do this!

Comment

Working...
                                X