The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MLank View Post
    I have a question about the hunter education requirement for Colorado. Would I have to go through the course that Colorado provides, or does my Texas hunter Ed card work?
    Additionally if you are going OTC and can manage to buy your license at an actual CWP office. You can present them you Hunter's Ed and it will permanently be in the system and stamped on your tag. You won't have to carry the Hunter's Ed card with you in the field now or any future hunt in CO.

I did this in 2010.

Comment

The Elk Thread

Question gents, my bow is rigged for mulies, I've got a 10" b-stinger with 3 ounces and an MBG ascent ambush single pin sight. While I think I could get by with this setup in the elk woods, I was thinking there has to be a better setup. I've got a 5 pin spot hogg hunter Hogg-it, and a 6" b-stinger, would this be a better setup?

Comment

Originally posted by rhendrix View Post
        Question gents, my bow is rigged for mulies, I've got a 10" b-stinger with 3 ounces and an MBG ascent ambush single pin sight. While I think I could get by with this setup in the elk woods, I was thinking there has to be a better setup. I've got a 5 pin spot hogg hunter Hogg-it, and a 6" b-stinger, would this be a better setup?
        IMO the multi pin is a better option for Elk....furthermore I think the Spot Hogg Hunter is the toughest hunting sight around.

As for the stabilizer I could see getting hung up with a 10" in the timber.

Where are you going?

Comment

WY NR Elk results came out today.

Anyone draw but me?

Comment

Danny are you going to put in for NM this year?

Comment

Originally posted by drthornton View Post
              IMO the multi pin is a better option for Elk....furthermore I think the Spot Hogg Hunter is the toughest hunting sight around.

As for the stabilizer I could see getting hung up with a 10" in the timber.

Where are you going?

I'm not sure yet, bud, NW is looking viable, but I'd like to get away from crowds. Kinda looking for the holy grail of OTC units, some place with topography that limits hunters and good elk numbers. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                Danny are you going to put in for NM this year?
                Yes...I am still going to try my luck in NM and if I don't draw I have a pretty good place to go. I hunted up there 2 years and know the area fairly well.

Comment

Originally posted by rhendrix View Post
                  Kinda looking for the holy grail of OTC units, some place with topography that limits hunters and good elk numbers. Lol.
                  Ha...aren't we all. PM me and I'll give you my intel.

Comment

Yes...I am still going to try my luck in NM and if I don't draw I have a pretty good place to go. I hunted up there 2 years and know the area fairly well.
                    Our little group has not got together on what unit we want yet. We have been talking about just going for cow tags as one of our guys has a 7 year old we want to take out. A cow is the perfect chance for him to get dirty and to continue his education prior to getting his hunter safety stuff started.

Plus having a nice young cow in the freezer would be nice.

Comment

I once again submitted for Units 15 and 16a in NM, with the season combine I know my chances are slimmer than they was the last 2 years

Comment

Originally posted by Jon-Paul View Post
                        I once again submitted for Units 15 and 16a in NM, with the season combine I know my chances are slimmer than they was the last 2 years
                        This will be your year.

Comment

Originally posted by ladrones View Post
                          Our little group has not got together on what unit we want yet. We have been talking about just going for cow tags as one of our guys has a 7 year old we want to take out. A cow is the perfect chance for him to get dirty and to continue his education prior to getting his hunter safety stuff started.

Plus having a nice young cow in the freezer would be nice.
                          That is a great idea. My daughters were old enough this year to start getting points in AZ. I can't wait to hunt elk with them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon-Paul View Post
                            You should be a lock this year. Someone will draw those tags...mind as well be you.

Comment

Anyone one else going to 751 for 1st season rifle? Still hoping we draw with no PP. Should but have a backup plan to hunt OTC second season. Planning on horseback to Rincon la Osa unless we find some in the la vaca area on the way. Will just be the two of us on our first elk hunt. 5 horses spending 10 days out total.

Comment

WY NR Elk results came out today.

Anyone draw but me?
                                Not me checked last night have anouther preference point and will be getting a refund, it is only the first draw of the year. What tag did you draw in Wyoming this year?

Comment

Working...
                                X