No announcement yet.

The Elk Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think I'm just going to put in for cow tags this season.

Comment

Ran the 2nd of 3 trail races this morning in the pouring rain and slop, it was a complete mess...and a lot of fun. Only a few more months until Train to Hunt Challenge course in Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by TWP View Post
        Ran the 2nd of 3 trail races this morning in the pouring rain and slop, it was a complete mess...and a lot of fun. Only a few more months until Train to Hunt Challenge course in Denver.
        Are those the same as the pack challenge? Some guys at work were talking about a course race involving packing out various weights.

Comment

Originally posted by TWP View Post

If Denver wasn't so far I would do the train to hunt challenge. But that's a long way for something like that

Comment

Originally posted by JTeLarkin08 View Post
            If Denver wasn't so far I would do the train to hunt challenge. But that's a long way for something like that
            I hear you, it is only 12 hours for me. I spoke with Kenton the other day, they are 95% sure there will be a Texas challenge next year. I've got a few guys going this year, I am going to make it a four day deal. Bring a big Texas flag and burn some meat and make it a fun deal for everyone.

Ladrones, I think you are talking about a GoRuck challenge. This is more like a bow biathlon.

[ame="http://vimeo.com/97869434"]Train to Hunt - Fort Collins CO Qualifier on Vimeo[/ame]

Comment

If anyone is interested in all of the western states deadlines and info i just posted a overview on my blog..

bowhuntersbasecamp.com

Comment

ttt lots of interest in elk hunting lately.

Comment

Spent a few hours this week on Google Earth, got about three drainages to check out this summer. I'm going to make at least two scouting trips this summer, and the diaphragm calls came back out.

Comment

Looks like I'll be returning to Folsom, NM for an early season archery hunt with some buddies! Maybe get to see the Mountain Man in action this time.

Comment

Looks like i'll be headed to colorado this year. Looking at the holy cross wilderness. Anybody have any info on the holy cross or the area in general.
                      May end up being a solo trip.

Comment

Boomer, which unit?

Comment

I have a question about the hunter education requirement for Colorado. Would I have to go through the course that Colorado provides, or does my Texas hunter Ed card work?

Comment

The Texas program works.

Comment

Originally posted by MLank View Post
                              I have a question about the hunter education requirement for Colorado. Would I have to go through the course that Colorado provides, or does my Texas hunter Ed card work?
                              Any hunter ed card will work.

Comment

Originally posted by boomer453 View Post
                                Looks like i'll be headed to colorado this year. Looking at the holy cross wilderness. Anybody have any info on the holy cross or the area in general.
                                May end up being a solo trip.
                                I will probably be doing 371 this year, just north east of there. Lots of folks, lots of elk, but I have hunted for a week twice and never come across anyone else off the trail. When it comes to getting off the trail and up in the thick stuff many people can't or don't want to.

Comment

Working...
                                X