Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2022 San Angelo surrounding area season thread...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My brother and cousin were out off a toenail this weekend. Very little deer movement, no shots fired. Apparently there was a major wind, blew over one of our box blinds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ooooooo boy, y'all reckon the rut will kick off this weekend??
      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DuramaxDude View Post
        Ooooooo boy, y'all reckon the rut will kick off this weekend??
        I think it is already kicked off, but that ought to make for good movement.

Comment

We had a little chasing this morning. Does don’t get to eat before they are run out. Hoping to see more as the weekend goexx as on. Gonna cool off a bunch tomorrow

Comment

Next week will be on fire if you’re into hunting the rut.

Comment

Has everyone else’s movement been really slow??

My goodness this is awful. We don’t even have acorns.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                Has everyone else’s movement been really slow??

My goodness this is awful. We don’t even have acorns.

I haven't been down yet but our guys that have been October and the last 2 weeks have said it's brutal. Horns are terrible due to drought and the late rain has improved range conditions enough they aren't coming to feeders. Just need it to get cold!! And in a hurry. I was hoping you would have a better report for me And we did get the wonderful news that we are getting windmills in the next year or two. Probably start core sampling shortly

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
                  I haven't been down yet but our guys that have been October and the last 2 weeks have said it's brutal. Horns are terrible due to drought and the late rain has improved range conditions enough they aren't coming to feeders. Just need it to get cold!! And in a hurry. I was hoping you would have a better report for me And we did get the wonderful news that we are getting windmills in the next year or two. Probably start core sampling shortly

Exactly what we are struggling with. Poor antlers and late rain has the ranch greened up and deer are not hitting the feeders.

I have 2, 2 year olds that come in daily.

The best thing about windmills is they have really good roads. The construction part sucks though. We have **** near 40 of them.

Comment

Here now…. Poor antlers, late season rain, and heavy forbs all over the ground. Their winter crack is everywhere. If deer come through feeders they aren’t there long. Big rains yesterday will add to the green. With antlers as poor as they are I’m glad to see the rain and can deal with no feeder activity. I do hate rain while I’m at the lease with the mud and messing up roads but I’ll take it after this past year .. The hunting sucks though…

Last edited by Smart; 11-12-2022, 08:18 AM.

Comment

Exactly what we are struggling with. Poor antlers and late rain has the ranch greened up and deer are not hitting the feeders.

I have 2, 2 year olds that come in daily.

The best thing about windmills is they have really good roads. The construction part sucks though. We have **** near 40 of them.

We already have good roads, they can keep the windmills How long did yalls construction part take?

Comment

We already have good roads, they can keep the windmills How long did yalls construction part take?

Roughly a year.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                          Here now…. Poor antlers, late season rain, and heavy forbs all over the ground. Their winter crack is everywhere. If deer come through feeders they aren’t there long. Big rains yesterday will add to the green. With antlers as poor as they are I’m glad to see the rain and can deal with no feeder activity. I do hate rain while I’m at the lease with the mud and messing up roads but I’ll take it after this past year .. The hunting sucks though…

Yep, yep. Gonna be lots of sausage deer this year for us

Comment

A tale of 2 season. This year on left, last year on the right.

This deer is at least 5 years old. Going to let my son whack him for his first buck.

Comment

A tale of 2 season. This year on left, last year on the right.

This deer is at least 5 years old. Going to let my son whack him for his first buck.

crazy! How old is your son?

Comment

crazy! How old is your son?

Comment

Working...
                                X