No announcement yet.

My target buck is a night owl.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’d just skip the morning hunt and slip in on the afternoon.

Comment

Is that a timed feeder? If so I would feed a bit earlier in the evening and maybe less so it is finished by dark. I would also do the am feeding a bit later. Maybe you can adjust his timing just enough to kill him. Hopefully get a crack at him before gun season. As others have said, get in there very early. We hunt free range mason county and a few years ago we saw a big droptine buck on camera around the opener in October. My wife killed him at the same stand the last weekend in December. She had several encounters and he lived within 200-300 yards of a low fence neighbor. No matter what you have to keep the faith and hunt him. Make your property better than the neighbors. Hunt smart and always remember your brain is bigger than his! Good luck and I want to see LDP’s.

Comment

If he is going in morning and night I'd pull an all day sit. Take a bucket and some tp incase nature calls. If your in a tree you know what to do.

Comment

Yes! Get him Matt. Good skilling Sir.

Have the acorns finished dropping from those oaks?

A feller on here posted about having only one massive morning feeding to draw out nocturnal bucks and thwart coons. The buck has to make daytime appearance to compete for resources. Coons dont feed (as much) during the day.

I have had to give up hunting a small property due to layout and roadways where deer amd bucks could only safely come to my feeder after dark unfortunately.

I hope he aint dodging a barky dog…or your arrow tomorrow. Kill.

Comment

At least you have a target buck. For the first time in years, I do not have a target buck. All younguns around me. Not sure whats gonna happen

Comment

Walked in to this sucker this morning. He was 10" from the zipper to my door on my popup. I was like, what's that, oh man.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

I relocated him. Good thing he was cold

Comment

Oh man! Has your target buck arrived yet?!

Comment

I bumped some deer coming in. Nada yet

Comment

My target buck is a night owl.

Mine stopped showing up. I have a tripod about 100 yards from my feeder over looking a hog crossing. I started pouring corn on the ground and well all the bucks that disappeared started coming to the hand corn almost daily. Might be something to try. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

For a shot at a buck like that I'd sleep through the night in my blind if I had to

Comment

He sure was rattling that little tail. Lol

Comment

New born one looks like. There's probably several more right there around where you caught him. Bet he ain't more than a week old. Momma snake is probably not too terribly far away.

Hopefully you didn't set your blind up on a snake den. That'd be the pits.
                            Last edited by okrattler; 10-01-2022, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Throw more corn. Give him a reason to stay

Comment

Need ldps

Comment

Working...
                                X