Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone moving stocks to more conservative safe haven areas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If want some yield with lower risk, take a look at BXSL. Equities will get hit first before the senior lenders. Floating rate loans should fare well in rising rate environment and currently paying 9% dividend.

Comment

I went in. That end of day rally wasn't what I was hoping for, but still ended up 11.7%

Comment

My financial advisor called wanting to put me in IYW, CRM and add to my position in GRIM. He seems to think we’re at or near the bottom currently. Said if republicans take the house in November he expects 10% very quickly.

Comment

Not sure I see that happening with the Dems buying votes and Supreme Court pissing off women. They have actually gained in the polls. I am worried about Beto getting a shot at being governor. Seeing a lot more Beto signs this year in yards than the last election.

Comment

Insider trading on the sell side hit a yearly high. Seems many thought August was a good time to get out rather than back in. Per wsj. Still reinvesting all my dividends but not buying anything big for now.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
              Insider trading on the sell side hit a yearly high. Seems many thought August was a good time to get out rather than back in. Per wsj. Still reinvesting all my dividends but not buying anything big for now.
              Interesting!!!!

Comment

I’m around 65% cash right now in my TD account. Sold quite a bit of oil stocks in June I bought in March and April of 19’. I personally think we will see a buying opportunity soon but my Edward Jones advisor seems to think we’re there.

Comment

I took a risk buying maybe too much Lovesac (LOVE) yesterday. No cash left, and sold other stuff to buy even more. It got hammered after fairly SOLID earning report. It has rebounded pretty well today. I averaged yesterdays buys @ 26.59, but I already owned some at $30, that I though was a good price. Overall I'm, about $27/

Comment

Originally posted by KyleDean View Post
                    I’m around 65% cash right now in my TD account. Sold quite a bit of oil stocks in June I bought in March and April of 19’. I personally think we will see a buying opportunity soon but my Edward Jones advisor seems to think we’re there.
                    LOL - Funny how all EJ advisors swear up and down you can never time the markets. I guess that only applies when you're sitting on cash and they are not making money off your money. Then they can time the bottom

Have him show you one time in history where markets didn't fall after rates went up this much. And the FED just flat out said they will keep raising rates.

The only way markets don't set new lows is if there's soooo much money out there waiting to buy they just don't drop that much. But if thats true inflation won't be slowing down either and FED will keep raising.

I'd love to hear a theory why the bottom is in though.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                      LOL - Funny how all EJ advisors swear up and down you can never time the markets. I guess that only applies when you're sitting on cash and they are not making money off your money. Then they can time the bottom

Have him show you one time in history where markets didn't fall after rates went up this much. And the FED just flat out said they will keep raising rates.

The only way markets don't set new lows is if there's soooo much money out there waiting to buy they just don't drop that much. But if thats true inflation won't be slowing down either and FED will keep raising.

I'd love to hear a theory why the bottom is in though.
                      We have 8 trading days for people to get the warm fuzzes till Fed rattles their sabers on the 21st. GOOOOOOOO

Comment

Originally posted by BrianL View Post
                        We have 8 trading days for people to get the warm fuzzes till Fed rattles their sabers on the 21st. GOOOOOOOO
                        I think inflation may be down.. CPI may come in 8.1 or so Markets may try to rally saying inflation has peaked. Even though that's pretty stupid.

But once the masses think it's going up and pile in they will tank it straight down again for what appears to be no reason.

Everything is backwards these days.

Comment

Anyone still riding the roller coaster?? I have been a yard bird and stayed clear…

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                            Not sure I see that happening with the Dems buying votes and Supreme Court pissing off women. They have actually gained in the polls. I am worried about Beto getting a shot at being governor. Seeing a lot more Beto signs this year in yards than the last election.

I’ve noticed the same thing in my formerly ultra-conservative neighborhood. Has me somewhat concerned.

Comment

Hope yall moved some before today.

Comment

100 percent cash cept some puts yesterday.

Comment

Working...
                                X