Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone moving stocks to more conservative safe haven areas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
    No, duh? You mean losing over $9 per share isn't a good thing? Of course it's a terrible investment. I wouldn't buy 1 share of it, but I just added 30 calls and now have 90 calls. We'll see, thats why its called gambling when you be playing with options. I made good money on GME but haven't played with it since the 4-1 split, keeping an eye on it.
    Last week I sold all my BBBY options and lost $4200. But, I sold 5k shares of kmi and did really well. Been all cash since last Wednesday.

Comment

Still into real estate investments and have no intention of returning to stocks. I sold a lot of my holdings over the last year which amounted to taking profits and was planning to stay in cash except for 1 MF deal on which we did a 1031. In the mean time I found deals which made sense so I am back near 100% invested. The difference to me is that I can have a plan to increase value of my holdings with real estate. With stocks I depend on someone else or cycles to increase the value of my holdings.

Comment

Markets fizzled Friday and look like are headed downward again today. Are we going to revisit lows and potentially set new lows?? What do you fellas think??

Comment

I bought in with about 60% of my cash between end of day Friday and this morning. If we get a good bounce between now and fed speak I will close out, but I'm good with all positions being long term if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
            Markets fizzled Friday and look like are headed downward again today. Are we going to revisit lows and potentially set new lows?? What do you fellas think??
            Yes. There is nothing good about this economy, nothing and, it is going to get worse. Also, if the present moronic government wants to totally ruin this country, they will dump all or some of the stock they own, anytime they want to. This is something we have never been through, ever. Personally, I have been cash since January and dabble a little from time to time. I am up YTD but all cash since Wednesday.

Comment

I don't see how the markets won't set new lows. Not with the FED raising rates more or even if they just hold steady.

But IMO one never should go all cash. Always keep at least 25-40% in the markets for the long run unless you'll need the money within 5 years.

AAPL earning will go to complete crap before this is all over... 3-6 months from now is my guess. It takes time to get all the excess money out of the system. But we know it's being sucked out - we can all see that.

Comment

I also think new lows maybe tested! This market/economy is NOT good

Contrary to what some clowns may try telling us

Comment

I'm still out and won't even think about it til after the mid-terms.

Comment

I really don't think mid-terms matter all that much long term. Markets may do an intra-day pop or dump but they just need to work through inflation to get better.

Comment

With the way the GOV is printing money how is inflation ever going to get tamed unless interest rises dramatically? At this point, we all now that the current administration is not trying to do anything but try to spend their way to stay in power and fill their pockets in the process.

I hate to be so negative; I just don’t see the light at the end of the tunnel. What a freaking economical mess. How would the Fed go about taking/pulling money out??
                      Last edited by Pedernal; 08-29-2022, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Anyone else thinking about going back in today? If it stays down at end of trading day I'm thinking of moving back into my index funds. I moved a large chunk to short mm index funds at the same day I sold stocks in my broker account..... I'm setting at +12.2% increase in position if I move back today at current #s.

Comment

Nope, not me, tanking ain't done.

Comment

I keep reading way to many reports of blood shed in the near future.

Comment

It’s not a bottom yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
                                I keep reading way to many reports of blood shed in the near future.
                                Don't the big crashes happen in September/October?

Comment

Working...
                                X