No announcement yet.

Houston area Foodies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Never been to or heard of this place. Are we excited, boycotting, or what?

Comment

Well, as a Central and South Texan who has never heard of this place, what should I plan on getting when they open up in Texas?

Comment

Originally posted by GroceryGetter View Post
        Well, as a Central and South Texan who has never heard of this place, what should I plan on getting when they open up in Texas?
        The one in Scott, La has boudin, cracklings, all kinds of fresh sausages, and stuffed meats. Really good cajun virttles.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
          Never been to or heard of this place. Are we excited, boycotting, or what?
          We are camping outside the day before they open, first beer on me.

Originally posted by GroceryGetter View Post
          Cracklins for sure, boudain and sausages too

Comment

They have a phenomenal product, but their location in Scott is hidden compared to Don's, Billy's, and Kartchners. So I am really happy for their expansion into Texas.

They are about to open a location off of i-49 near Carencro as well.

They are my favorite place for boudin, so I'm happy to see this!

Comment

That smoked boudin is awesome. I usually buy 15/20lbs when we pass through that area.

Comment

I just bought 25 pounds of.boudin and stuff pork chops on my way home from Florida. It's an annual tradition. I noticed a franchise sign out front a couple years ago. My wife and I talked about opening one in the Cypress area. Excited to see one coming to the area. I know they will do well.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

I grew up down the road from best stop. Moved to houston 20+ years ago and EVERY trip back home required a stop off to stock up on the boudin…

I Moved back to Lafayette a few months ago, and NOW they decide to expand to Texas?!?!

Whatever.

Comment

Nice!! Heard there was one coming to Woodlands area. Won't have to go too far to get it now.

Comment

We went to the one in Scott last summer because Billy's was closed. They can't hold a candle to what Billy's puts out, I wasn't impressed at all.

Comment

Houston has become a footnote lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So are they like a Bucees? Someone explain this place. You had me at smoked boudin

Comment

The New Braunfels location can’t open fast enough.

Comment

So are they like a Bucees? Someone explain this place. You had me at smoked boudin
                              Convenient store/cajun meat market type deal, honestly I don't even know if the shop in Scott even has gas pumps. I don't go for gas, I go for stocking up like everyone else in the thread lol. They've got several freezers of product you can buy as well as a hot bar with everything ready to order

Comment

I always go to Billy’s on the other side of I-10 from Best Stop. It comes down to personal preference. I know that Billy’s is almost a hole in the wall location but it seems to pack in a crowd of people for their Cajun delicacies and essentially all “to go”. You can get their food items hot and ready to eat or most of them come frozen to take home.

I think Best Stop is a bit larger but not by much.

The restrooms at Buc-ee’s are about the same size.
                                Last edited by tvc184; 08-11-2022, 01:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X