Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Tech having a better season with a first year coach than Texas with a second year coach after 70-35 last year made me chuckle.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
      The Tech having a better season with a first year coach than Texas with a second year coach after 70-35 last year made me chuckle.

Definitely kool aid material

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
        I think the teams are teasing with him too. He is one that most people on the inside think he is not worth his "recruiting rankings." and some teams are slow playing him.
        That is interesting. I was kinda bummed by his lack of interest in UT and thought he was a hot commodity. You never know. Like I've always thought, its like picking puppies... some are super, some are stinkers...

Comment

Originally posted by lanceodom View Post
          That is interesting. I was kinda bummed by his lack of interest in UT and thought he was a hot commodity. You never know. Like I've always thought, its like picking puppies... some are super, some are stinkers...
          Typically you "hear" these type of comments when a recruit decides NOT to come to your school. What makes me tend to believe what I heard is this was when he was really close to committing to Texas and people were split on taking his commitment.

Like anything in recruiting, some truth with mostly BS mixed in to fit your agenda is what I have learned.

Comment

I wasnt sure where to put them so just repeated last years record but said i could see that less 1 or 2 wins. Def not homer prediction, they've sucked for 10 years. But lets not forget that they were a 4Q fumble and FG attempt from beating KSU, a game they led majority, and a missed FG with time expiring from beating BU. With both of those they'd of been 9-4 & over .500 in the big12, all while firing the HC mid season and while honestly not being all that good on paper. "If If's and but's were candy & nuts"....i get it, but they finished strong...unlike some other teams. The lopsided losses are of concern on D but hoping new coaches and transfers can turn that around. When Kittley's Offense starts clicking, get used to seeing ungodly numbers like days of old. I would be happy with a first year 6-6 but not expecting more or less one way or the other in year 1.

As stated i could also see UT going 8-4 but to foolishly assume they are going to be good or "back" is the same song and dance that's been played in ATX for the last 10 years so i guess, Cheers to Optimism to us both, from both sides.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
              Season Projections:
              Baylor:9-3
              TX A&M: 8-4
              TX Tech: 7-5
              Longhorns: 6-6
              TCU: 4-8
              I don't see 3 losses on Baylor's schedule... Given anything can happen when you play on the road.... All of their games seem fairly winnable

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HR3 View Post
                I don't see 3 losses on Baylor's schedule... Given anything can happen when you play on the road.... All of their games seem fairly winnable

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk
                But they still gotta play 1/2 of them in Waco, and Waco could **** up a one man rock fight.

Comment

I am not quite sure Baylor goes 9-3. Feels like 8-4 is just as likely as 9-3 to me. Secondary play might be a little spotty and if the offense cant win a few shootouts I think 4 losses is easy.

Comment

Those predicting 8-4 for Texas must be assuming you'll beat Kansas on the road this year?

Comment

Playing a quality schedule is more important now than ever before, as the College Football Playoff selectors put a premium on quality opponents. But good competition isn't spread out evenly across the sport. Most of it still resides in the SEC, where the weekly slug fest has produced 12 of the last ...

Big 12 must in the 11-20 group.......

Comment

Does first year coach OU or Second year coach Texas have a better record this year ?

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                          Does first year coach OU or Second year coach Texas have a better record this year ?
                          Good question. That might be a true toss up.

I was thinking the other day: will TAMU win 10 games for just the 2nd time in a quarter century? Yes or no

Comment

Originally posted by Daddy D View Post
                            Good question. That might be a true toss up.

I was thinking the other day: will TAMU win 10 games for just the 2nd time in a quarter century? Yes or no
                            I predict Ags go 9-3 with a bowl win this season. SEC champs by 2024 season.

Comment

Aggie Hype Video

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
                                Texas wins in Dallas and has a better record. Book it. Lfg.

Wooooo

Comment

Working...
                                X