Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In regards to QB's for every class, what is the point anymore? With the transfer portal doing its thing and a very high percentage of 4 and 5 * qb's not every playing out why not focus on real areas of need when recruiting and then picking up a qb out of the portal? It seems alot of energy is spent chasing these primadonna qb's which end up being a waste.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
      In regards to QB's for every class, what is the point anymore? With the transfer portal doing its thing and a very high percentage of 4 and 5 * qb's not every playing out why not focus on real areas of need when recruiting and then picking up a qb out of the portal? It seems alot of energy is spent chasing these primadonna qb's which end up being a waste.
      Good point. Typically, a highly sought after QB will end up being the bell cow for a class (Whether Arch ends up being worth a **** or not, they received 10 commitments within 9 days). If the Ags could find a way to flip Malachi, it'll flip a lot of kids down the stretch for another incredible class. Otherwise. They're behind the ball this year. It was a huge deal for them to get him on campus.

Comment

Season Projections:
        Baylor:9-3
        TX A&M: 8-4
        TX Tech: 7-5
        Longhorns: 6-6
        TCU: 4-8

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
          Novosad stays locked in with BU. That’s a huge win for the Bears.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
          Sounds like Notre Dame is in the mix for Novosad. Can't blame him for not be interested in A&M, they haven't been all in on him, and the weekend he comes to the pool party, the hot topic is whether or not Malechi will flip.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapperhead94 View Post
            Sounds like Notre Dame is in the mix for Novosad. Can't blame him for not be interested in A&M, they haven't been all in on him, and the weekend he comes to the pool party, the hot topic is whether or not Malechi will flip.
            Ohio State, Notre Dame and A&M were all in for a flip. They all made a late push. He put all of it to rest for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
              Season Projections:
              Baylor:9-3
              TX A&M: 8-4
              TX Tech: 7-5
              Longhorns: 6-6
              TCU: 4-8
              Edit: I can see BU doing +1 or -1 from that. Could see Aggie going +1 on that, Tech could see doing -1 or -2 wins, UT who knows but would think +2 could be done and TCU i think 6-6 is ceiling.

Comment

TJ Shanahan is doin a lot of teasing with teams. Not sure where he ends up. Wish he'd join his bro at Tech but i see him at A&M or Georgia.

Comment

TJ Shanahan is doin a lot of teasing with teams. Not sure where he ends up. Wish he'd join his bro at Tech but i see him at A&M or Georgia.
                  I think the teams are teasing with him too. He is one that most people on the inside think he is not worth his "recruiting rankings." and some teams are slow playing him.

Comment

Originally posted by Heath View Post
                    I think the teams are teasing with him too. He is one that most people on the inside think he is not worth his "recruiting rankings." and some teams are slow playing him.
                    I mean he has committable offers from all, right? I dont see any offers being pulled.

Comment

Edit: I can see BU doing +1 or -1 from that. Could see Aggie going +1 on that, Tech could see doing -1 or -2 wins, UT who knows but would think +2 could be done and TCU i think 6-6 is ceiling.
                      Tossing dung at the wall, but my uneducated guess would be.

BU 9-3
                      Texas 8-4
                      A&M 8-4
                      TCU 6-6
                      Tech 5-7

Comment

BU 9-3
                        Texas 8-4
                        A&M 8-4
                        TCU 6-6
                        Tech 5-7
                        This is more accurate IMO.

Comment

BU 9-3
                          Texas 8-4
                          A&M 8-4
                          TCU 6-6
                          Tech 5-7

If this were the case, what are the chances that Texas and Texas A&M meet in a bowl game?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I mean he has committable offers from all, right? I dont see any offers being pulled.
                            There are all sorts of degrees of offers. While he may have a committable offer from everyone, they may have asked him to hold off committing at this time (for whatever reason) as well. There is also times the player can feel the school or coach is ghosting them or slow playing them as well. I heard he tried to commit to a few schools and this was the case, but not sure how true that is so probably shouldn't even make the comment.

Big guys are the hardest to project, so my philosophy is you take as many as you can and figure it out down the road to what the develop into. He has the measurables. I could be 100% wrong on him, just the chatter I heard as he was getting close to committing to Texas a few weeks ago. It was met with very mixed feelings on him. I saw take the big guy!

Comment

BU 9-3
                              Texas 8-4
                              A&M 8-4
                              TCU 6-6
                              Tech 5-7
                              I could see that as well

Comment

BU 9-3
                                Texas 8-4
                                A&M 8-4
                                TCU 6-6
                                Tech 5-7

Chad -I think this is close. I could see A&M winning one or two more if they find their stride. UT could easily go 7-5 to 8-4 all depending on our QB play and most importantly if our defense shows or not? BU and Tech seem right to me.

Comment

Working...
                                X