Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone moving stocks to more conservative safe haven areas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

+50.40 on my MPC stock for the year.

Comment

Don’t slam the door shut once the cow is already out of the barn. That’s too late.

Comment

Question for you smart guys…. They say that gold and silver is a hedge against inflation…. If inflation is going up, why is gold and silver going down?? I don’t understand the market at all.

Comment

Government bonds. Joking.
          But no joke…when the Fed craps the bed the Gubernment will force banks to have major bond holdings to get loaned money. Get in front and skim somehow.

Comment

We have some in Mutual funds with mine in more aggressive funds/stocks and the wife's in more stable funds/stocks. The large portion of our retirement is in annuities!

Comment

I agree

Originally posted by Lonewolf View Post
              I need to. Following… LETS GO BRANDON
              But move where????

Comment

Originally posted by Tejas Wildlife View Post
                But move where????
                Someone one here suggested I bonds from the Treasury the other day.

I bought $1k and plan on adding some here and there.
                (just added another $50.00)

From their site (after log in)-

Savings Bond Rates:
                Bonds issued May-October 2022
                Series EE - 0.10 % *
                Series I - 9.62 %

9.62%, it moves from what I've read - and will have to hold over 1 year to pull without penalty and if under 5 "There is a 3-month interest penalty if you cash an EE or I Bond within the first five years from its issue date.".

I ain't saying this is the way to go, but don't see how it can "hurt".

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                  +50.40 on my MPC stock for the year.
                  Well if I had your money I'd burn mine

MPC, has an 83% buy on Robinhood Analyst Ratings- pretty high score .
                  Last edited by DaveC; 05-05-2022, 04:50 PM.

Comment

For those that are investors, how did you learn to evaluate companies/stocks?? Books?? Watching financial news type shows?? Please throw a blind squirrel a nut!

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                      For those that are investors, how did you learn to evaluate companies/stocks?? Books?? Watching financial news type shows?? Please throw a blind squirrel a nut!
                      Let a professional do it and pay them a small %

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Comment

Saw an article a couple weeks ago that tracked all of one of the TV investor guy's advice over several years. If you listened and did what he said to do you underperformed every single time.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                          Well if I had your money I'd burn mine

MPC, has an 83% buy on Robinhood Analyst Ratings- pretty high score .
                          I bought it during Covid in the 20’s. It’s in the 90’s now. I went all in. It was scary. But, I sure feel good about retiring in five years now

Comment

Don't need to study anything.

Put about 6% of your yearly income into a S&P Index fund and let it grow. As you get closer to retirement 5 years or so out start moving 5 to 10% percent a year into cash balance or some other type of safer investment until you get about 1 to 2 years away and then have 70 to 80% in something safe.

The advice above is fool proof. It isn't flashy or the cool thing, but if you do this for 35 to 40 years you will retire a millionaire.

The stock market along with compound interest is a great thing! You can never make up time so start early!

Comment

I’ll add, also invest into S&P weekly or monthly, doing a cost average.

Originally posted by Killer View Post
                              Don't need to study anything.

Put about 6% of your yearly income into a S&P Index fund and let it grow. As you get closer to retirement 5 years or so out start moving 5 to 10% percent a year into cash balance or some other type of safer investment until you get about 1 to 2 years away and then have 70 to 80% in something safe.

The advice above is fool proof. It isn't flashy or the cool thing, but if you do this for 35 to 40 years you will retire a millionaire.

The stock market along with compound interest is a great thing! You can never make up time so start early!

Comment

Haven’t lost a penny since I moved into an MIP class 2 temporarily.

Comment

Working...
                                X