Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone moving stocks to more conservative safe haven areas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone moving stocks to more conservative safe haven areas?

Been a lot of ups and downs lately and only see worse. Just curious what others are doing?

I need to. Following… LETS GO BRANDON

Comment

I only have mutual funds with histories. I haven't moved anything. Down 7%

Comment

Following.

Comment

Nope. I’m just tightening my seatbelt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Buy on the dips. [emoji3]

Comment

Sold the small bundle I had in oil before it really started going down but still have some in black rifle and may buy some of another later on.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
                Buy on the dips. [emoji3]

So I have a managed portfolio and don’t do individual trades. I have been having discussions of moving into more conservative funds to weather the storm

Comment

I had my son's 529 money moved to safer funds until he's done with pulling from it.
                  He's in his freshman year right now.
                  The account might not grow much in safer funds- but I would rather have what I have now than watch it drop while he's still in school.

Thanks Justin!
                  (TBHer)

Comment

Originally posted by DaveC View Post
                    I had my son's 529 money moved to safer funds until he's done with pulling from it.
                    He's in his freshman year right now.
                    The account might not grow much in safer funds- but I would rather have what I have now than watch it drop while he's still in school.

Thanks Justin!
                    (TBHer)
                    This was my thoughts on all my account including 529’s

Comment

I moved my wife's 401k to a more conservative fund about a month ago. It was in an aggressive fund and made good money the last few years.

Comment

A legit study showed that over the long term the accounts of dead folks made more money. Buy if you want but don't move a bunch around...my .02

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Comment

Good time to get into options and buy puts.

Comment

Originally posted by JBJTX81 View Post
                            A legit study showed that over the long term the accounts of dead folks made more money. Buy if you want but don't move a bunch around...my .02

That’s because dead people don’t make emotional and irrational decisions. Bottom line, your risk tolerance shouldn’t be driven by the whims of the market and your investments should match your timeline.

Comment

Originally posted by Planner View Post
                              That’s because dead people don’t make emotional and irrational decisions. Bottom line, your risk tolerance shouldn’t be driven by the whims of the market and your investments should match your timeline.

Yes it's easy to want to get in and out. I have a hard time stomaching paying my money manager to lose money but in the long run I'm up significantly from where I started. It's a marathon and I'm glad to be in the race. My philosophy might change as I get closer to retirement but I'll rid it out for now.

Comment

Working...
                              X