No announcement yet.

2022 Workout accountability...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bike ride and Push this morning, but a little shorter than normal. Received a call from my cousin inviting me to come shoot a doe and some pigs at his lease this weekend. So needless to say I have some packing to do after work.

I will be scoping the place out since I may be getting on the lease next month, pending they have the openings they expect.

Comment

Mini-pump last night. 4 sets of each
      Supinated chin-ups
      DB Curls
      Tri Push downs

Comment

I know what you guys with back pain are going through. I pushed through the pain and numbness in my early 20's, but had back surgery at 25 - L5/S1 laminectomy, and the surgeon said I will see you in a few years for a few more. That was 30 years ago. I still have really bad days but consider myself extremely lucky after seeing friends and relatives go through multiple surgeries struggling to find relief. Today it seems like inactivity is as bad as overexertion. Take care of those backs!

Thursday and Friday CG workouts complete. I must admit I have been terrible getting the ab rounds done this week, I have got to do better.

Comment

Originally posted by 01milburnsc View Post
          I commend you on realistic goals! I quit alcohol completely on 11-1-20 and feel so much better. You will definitely notice an improvement in your sleep, mood, and physical performance.(or at least I did)

A word of advice if you don't mind.
          I have had better success with eating better before eating less. The eating less comes natural once you beat the cravings of the comfort foods, especially with your cardio goals and any other exercise you might include.

I’ll echo this a bit. Last year was a big learning experience for me in balancing diet and aerobic exercise. When I started I thought that I should cut portions because that’s just what I always thought you did to lose weight. I was wrong. I would try to get my cardio in and just didn’t have the fuel because my body was hungry.

I switched it up a bit. I dropped processed food and ate plants and animals and I ate as much as I wanted. I didn’t want to be hungry all the time. That is bad for your mood and will lead you to throwing the eating plan out the window. I ate a ton of meat, fish, fruits and veggies. I had a ton of energy to put in really long cardio sessions and the weight flew off. I dropped 40 pounds very quickly. I leveled off at my new weight about 6 months ago without changing anything in terms of eating. I don’t eat to gain or lose weight. My body just seems to be at the weight it wants to be now and I’m eating enough of the right foods to not be hungry

Comment

11 pounds down since the first!

Hopped into a caloric deficit, and doing a fast. Don't eat till noon and not after 6 pm. Been doing some "light" body weight type work outs. Seems to be working pretty well for me.

Y'all stay after it!

Comment

Made it for legs yesterday

Headed in for a pull day now!

Comment

Still at it. Slacked the last two weeks. Working so much and cedars hammered me. But staying steady at it and don’t plan to stop.

Comment

Originally posted by SabreKiller View Post
                  Well, I went to the pain management Dr. yesterday and he said my back is messed up pretty good. He kinda chastised me for lifting weights and basically said I can lift, just not more than my body weight. Well, heck. That kinda defeats the purpose but whatever. I got two epidurals of dexamethasone yesterday and I admit it hurt like a mofo. He gave me a local and then the juice. He said if I started to feel a tingle in my legs to say stop. I'm here to tell you that tingle turned into a burning electrical shock in a nano second! I had a death grip on the bed and I'm pretty sure I bent something cuz I heard the nurse say "****". That burning electrical shock kicked my arse both times.
                  The Dr. said he thought about giving me a Vicodin prior to the procedure and I'm kinda wishing he had. I go back in three weeks and this time he said they are gonna knock me completely out. They said I should have some relief in a couple of days.

I'm gonna take it easy for the next couple of workouts. Lower the weight, increase the reps and sets and see how my pain levels go. I've been dealing with this for close to 40 years and worked out despite the pain.

Legs and shoulders today. Super sets with one giant set at the end to finish it up. Lowered the weight down by 1/2, increased reps to 10-12 and slowed the movement down dramatically.

Chest and biceps tomorrow before heading to the lease.
                  You don’t have to lift heavy to make gains. High, well controlled reps with emphasis on the down stroke. You’ll be amazed.

Comment

Missed out on Saturday, but got some cardio and core done Sunday afternoon. Back to the normal routine for yesterday and today. Time to start writing my plan for the next 4 weeks.

Does anyone workout while at hunting camp?
                    I went hunting with my cousin and have the potential to get on his lease for the 22-23 season. I need to find a way to keep up my routine while I'm there if I get this opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                      Made it for legs yesterday

Headed in for a pull day now!
                      Freaking killed it this morning!

Awesome pump and a better workout I have had in a while. Shoulders or a push day tomorrow. Cant decide

Comment

Monday night lift....
                        4 x 10 Deadlifts
                        4 x 10 Overhead Press
                        3 sets of Squats
                        4 x 10 Barbell Rows
                        10 x 10 Bench

Just want to throw this little bit out there for all who are focusing on Cardio to lose weight. It's great short term, like a kick start. But your body will adapt to the amount of cardio and naturally slow your metabolism making it hard to lose weight even in an extreme calorie deficit. Make strength training your priority. This will will keep your metabolism up allowing you to burn more calories by doing less. Also, make sure to throw in a little mini bulk about every 4 weeks. Try not to always be in a deficit.
                        Last edited by b.latiolais; 01-18-2022, 08:10 AM.

Comment

I missed Friday and Monday for the lease and work around the house. Made it this morning for chest and bicep 5X5 and 5X8 supersets.

Incline bench on smith machines/preacher curl
                          Seated wide grip chest press/BB curl/incline situp
                          Bench press strip sets/arms blaster curls/weighted crunch
                          incline DB fly/overhead cable curls

Legs and back tomorrow.

Comment

I took the weekend off for rest and man did it help out, shoulders and hips felt much better starting the week. Now if I could only get some sleep, dang moon is killing me.

HIIT week at CG. So far, lots of jumping and push/press work for Monday and Tuesday.

Comment

Back and legs 4X8 today. I got to bed late so dragging myself outta bed this morning was tough.

Sled leg press/t-bar row/ab roller
                              BB row/weighted standing calf raise/hanging leg raise
                              Low row/leg extension/incline sit up
                              Overhead lat pull/prone leg curl

Chest and triceps tomorrow

Comment

Shoulders destroyed this AM

Wife gave me this whoop band thing and giving it a whirl these next few days.

Comment

Working...
                                X