I Hate It When

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Hate It When

You walk out of the yard before dawn, bump a large bodied deer, go on another hundred or so yards and bump your target buck for the season. My thought was, oh well, keep moving it is getting light and there is another quarter mile to walk. Fifty yards down the trail I bump probably the second biggest buck on the place. Well, at least I had a nice walk on a beautiful morning...

What makes it worse is when you bump them and they run to the neighbors land during gun season.

Comment

Been there done that. Heck just about every year that happens to me.

Comment

I think you need to find a new access route . Good luck hunting!

Comment

Originally posted by stinkbelly View Post
          What makes it worse is when you bump them and they run to the neighbors land during gun season.
          Or when you pass a nice young buck with excellent genetics and he jumps the fence to just get shot within 5-10 min. That's a whole nother thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
            Or when you pass a nice young buck with excellent genetics and he jumps the fence to just get shot within 5-10 min. That's a whole nother thread.

Buddy leased a place thinking about buying it one year and turns out a day lease was on one side! I don't know how many bucks we let walk only to hop the fence and get cut down! He passed on buying that place!

Comment

Been there as well. I have those. Well DANG IT! thoughts. and am always tempted to go back and just eat a big breakfast.

Comment

I had a place in Michigan where I watched a mature 8 point across the property line one morning. He was walking down a treeline for a while. He came close to my property line, but instead of crossing onto my place he turned and went away from me into the timber. 30 minutes later a year and a half old forkhorn comes out where he went in and I was watching him. He walked the same path back that mature 8 had come down. He walked about 30 yards when the neighbor blasted him. To this day I do not understand how you let a Mature deer walk and blast a young one...

Comment

Time for a new route to the stand.

Comment

I don't use a stand. I was walking to the wheat field in hopes of catching them coming off to bed down. I guess my hunting clock was about a half hour out of whack. The guy on the left is my target. He moves between our place and the neighbors. At least I know that he is still alive.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                      I let a buck and a doe walk at Hagerman just to see another hunter shoot them both. They were a trophy to him so I shouldn't have a problem with it.

Comment

Sounds like you need to move your stand to the back porch.

Comment

Originally posted by tex4k View Post
                          Sounds like you need to move your stand to the back porch.
                          It is a self imposed rule that there will be no hunting near the house. We do enjoy watching wildlife and I have been able to take some excellent photographs from inside the house and on the porch. They seem to know that we won't bother them and we can move around the yard with deer within forty yards of us. But when I step out of the yard and they will run off.

Comment

been there done that. hope it turns around

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
                              I don't use a stand. I was walking to the wheat field in hopes of catching them coming off to bed down. I guess my hunting clock was about a half hour out of whack. The guy on the left is my target. He moves between our place and the neighbors. At least I know that he is still alive.
                              Best of luck, looks like a nice one

Comment

Working...
                              X