This Rain Though

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DRT View Post
    I don't rifle hunt for deer. Does that clear it up for you?

Gary
    Hey man... that really isn't any of my business....

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
      For me it's all archery season.

Gary

Same for me. But it's still called general season.

Comment

I realize that. I was just ribbing him.

Gary

Comment

i'm ready for some sunshine...like 2 or 3 months of it..

Comment

Originally posted by JEFFRO View Post
            i'm ready for some sunshine...like 2 or 3 months of it..
            We are at the point of having to drag vehicles in & out with a 4x4 tractor.
            It would be nice if staying at home was an option, but it isn't.

The ground is so saturated, that the lateral lines for the septic system are no longer leeching away the water, so for the first time in 35 years our septic is stopping up.

Yeah, it can stop raining now. PLEASE

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post

The ground is so saturated, that the lateral lines for the septic system are no longer leeching away the water, so for the first time in 35 years our septic is stopping up.

Rick
              Was over there last night and this morning. Got enough break in the weather to drop off some fencing and do a bit of work before driving back to Fort Worth in the rain. Definitely wet and I put the Taco in 4wd in a couple spots on the place. Deer were everywhere though. The feeder at my Maverick blind had a dead battery and I still had a fork horn come by in the rain to check it.

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post

Rick
                we just go back good flow in the terlets...LOL the ground is still saturated
                maybe the rain Wednesday wont be to bad.
                just came in the bar ditch out front is still running a little water...crazy
                Last edited by JEFFRO; 10-22-2018, 09:08 AM.

Comment

We can’t get into our lease in Mason for what was looking like two weeks, now with this hurricane making land fall in Mexico it could be even longer. So much for the early rut. Hoping for better luck come November and December!😞

Comment

As much food is available to them right now November and December might be better bets.

Gary

Comment

I have water backed up in pastures I've never seen water in before. I love the rain but it sure is hurting my hay supply and winter oat fields.

Comment

Working...
                      X