No announcement yet.

Tropical Weather Discussion 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like Gordon will not do anyone any good for rain here in Texas... Sure hope it don't tear up the Chandeleur's too bad... spos'd to be out there in about a month... 2 storms in the Gulf this year and both right through the same spot...

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
      This would not be good. Just heard from a friend in Lumberton that they are starting to flood and people that flooded last year, some are flooding again.
      Yep. We nearly took on water yesterday and people on neighboring streets did. In groves.

Comment

Looks like we won't get any rain from it

Comment

man, i hope we get some rain out of this!

Comment

Well Gordon has made landfall as a tropical storm on the AL/MS coast and is moving inland. One death in Pensacola reported. There are forecasts of rain and flooding as it heads toward Ms. Ark. Etc.

I don’t know how much rain it will bring but anything around Arkansas reminds me of the deadly flooding of the campsite there a few years back. Y’all be careful and be aware of your surroundings.

Comment

Prayers for all the people dealing with this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Both GFS and Euro showing Florence hitting the east coast

Comment

Originally posted by webb09 View Post
                  Both GFS and Euro showing Florence hitting the east coast
                  I saw them going back and forth with how close. Euro got real on the impact this run.

Comment

Let's talk 92L. Coming in low, what are the thoughts on it?

Comment

It's sitting pretty low.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Cur_Dog View Post
                        It's sitting pretty low.
                        Yea GFS & Euro both showing some pretty stout ridging hence the West movement through the run. A couple days ago, i would have thought with Florence, there was no way this made it that far west, but Florence is not the norm in regards to track for where it is, and is looking like a real threat to the SEUS 5 days from now. 92L looks like it should be a depression at the next update. Between this and 93L, its a race to see who becomes Helene, and then the Dreaded "I" storm, Isaac.

Comment

I read this morning, if Florence impacts the US it will be the first time in recorded history a storm in that position does so. Meteorology is pretty cool, more stats than baseball I think.

Comment

I hope 92L gets knock down, some of the runs have it curling to the north.

Comment

Dang, whur's all that sand gone to!??

Comment

Any updates? Feel bad for those Carolina folks...
                                Last edited by Rex; 09-08-2018, 08:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X