No announcement yet.

First vehicle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1953 Buick Roadmaster. Drove it to high school after my Grandpa passed away. Lots of room in the backseat.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Buick.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	129.6 KB
ID:	24674218

Comment

First vehicle? A 1965, 90cc Honda motorcycle. Got that back in 1969. I’ve graduated to bigger and better bikes but I’m still riding.

My first car was a 68 Ford Falcon station wagon. Paid 200 dollars for that in 1971. Dad said, “I know it’s only a station wagon and not a cool car but it’s yours and it’s paid for.” I said, “Naw dad, it’s great, black out the back windows and throw a mattress in the back, it’s rockin.” Dad wasn’t impressed.

Comment

Originally posted by boomerball View Post
        1979 Toyota Celina supra. I started driving it around in ''93 (pass down from brother). No idea on the milage b/c speedometer & odometer didn't work. It had some pep, but you had to keep pressure on the stick or it wouldn't stay in 5th. After I had an incident with an oncoming car and a telephone pole the passenger side door had to just be wired shut. It got me around just fine though for a couple years.

Don't have a good picture of it, this is best I can come up with. It got me where I needed to go and a few places I didn't need to
        Attached Files

Comment

1973 Chrysler Station wagon. Put 50's with kragers on the back. FM converter. Pee green. Girls called it the pickle. Back seat folded down. Kept sleeping bags in the back. My high school driving ed instructor side swiped me and insurance co totaled the car.

Comment

[QUOTE=Burnadell;16046828]I still have the girl; wish I still had the car!

Yours was the classy model.
            1959 Chevy Biscayne, bought for $100 in 1966.

They're kinda sharp now but were the ugliest car on the road back then IMO.
            Was better than walking.

Comment

1978 Ford F-150 w/ a 460
              Last edited by kae006; 02-04-2023, 03:51 PM.

Comment

81 short bed Chevy with a 305 in it. Parents said they’d pay for the truck and the rest was on me. Got it for $2k if I recall. I put lots of money in it(compared to my minimum wage job during the summer and after school). Put AC in it. Tricked out the motor. And it was a POS still

Wish I had that back. I’d love to turn it into a land missile

Comment

1975 Ford Bronco full cab, 302V8.

God how I wish I still had it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

1963 Chevy. 3 on the tree that was converted to the floor. No power steering. No ac. Bought it in 1994. Then bought a 1989 Chevy. Loved that truck. Had to pay for vehicles myself. One of the best lessons I could have received. Made me appreciate my stuff that much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Froggy View Post
                      1953 Buick Roadmaster. Drove it to high school after my Grandpa passed away. Lots of room in the backseat.

[ATTACH]1077455[/ATTACH]
                      What a classic!!!

Comment

White 1995 Chevrolet 2500
                        No pics on my phone but looked real similar to this with a homemade replacement bumper on the front.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Let's go Brandon! View Post
                          77 Chevy LUV that I spent the summer of my Jr year rebuilding. Entire front end was thrashed, owners wife basically ran it under a trailer.

No pics of it, but I did buy/restore another later in life. Brought back a lot of memories.

Tiny, fun to drive, but rougher than a cob.

[ATTACH]1077441[/ATTACH]

That is cool! My dad had one in the late 70’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

1974 Ford Courier

Comment

1984 F150. Short bed with straight 6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

1956 Ford Thunderbird. 312 bored .0040, with Holley upright 4-barrel carb, 3 speed w OD in the floor. Bought it when I got out of the Air Force in 1968. Mine was Burgundy in color, otherwise looked like this. Wish I still had it.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X