No announcement yet.

First vehicle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1968 Ford Falcon station wagon. Hey, it beat walking!

Comment

1963 Triumph Spitfire, Baby blue with white rag top. Like this one but not this one. Bought in 1971 for $350. I was 17yo at the time. It had fresh paint job and came from a client of my dad's.

Comment

Originally posted by boomerball View Post
        1979 Toyota Celina supra. I started driving it around in ''93 (pass down from brother). No idea on the milage b/c speedometer & odometer didn't work. It had some pep, but you had to keep pressure on the stick or it wouldn't stay in 5th. After I had an incident with an oncoming car and a telephone pole the passenger side door had to just be wired shut. It got me around just fine though for a couple years.
        Mine was a 1984 Celica Supra. This was in 1994. It would scoot. I bought it for a thousand dollars. All I could afford.

Comment

I didn’t have my own car until I could pay for it myself. I came home from my summer job in Alaska (about 1975) with a pocket full of money and my dad said “whatever you buy, make sure it’s reliable and practical.” I of course knew better than to follow his advice and bought a 1970 Triumph GT6. It was a blast to drive but a major pain to own. I had no idea how to work on it and was the opposite of reliable

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

1985 red Chevrolet 1/2 ton short bed 4X4 with a 6.2 diesel. Got it in the summer of 1993 and had it half way tore up by the time I turned 16 and got my license in Dec. of 93.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I had a 1993 Mustang GT 5.0 manual tranny hatchback in red
              Went through two sets of tires and a clutch in high school
              Not sure what my parents were thinking giving a dumb 16 year old that much power to start but I survived.

Comment

In 1970 I bought a 1964 Nova SS with a 283 automatic. White with Black vinyl bucket seats. I had a paper route “one of my jobs” and one of my customers owned it. I told him if he ever decided to sell it I wanted to by it. He called me from the Chevy dealer and said they offered him 500.00 in trade and if I wanted it for 500.00 it was mine. I was beside myself. Wish I still had it!

Comment

Blue 1977 Chevy Nova, six-banger, 3 on the floor.

Comment

1982 3/4 ton 4x4 Chevy blue and silver with a 6.2 diesel and lifted 6 inches, my dad bought for me in 1993 when I turned 16. Blew the motor up mudding down at the river with friends and had to put a used motor in.
                    Last edited by RMW; 01-16-2022, 08:00 AM.

Comment

First vehicle was hand me down work truck from my Dads business. A 66 Ford Econoline van with 3 on the tree. You sat over the front wheels. learned how to drive a clutch or I didnt go anywhere.
                      As time went on I made my own money and got my Firebird. Wish I still had it.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Just a random pic since I don’t have one but it was a 1986 Nissan Hardbody 4x4 bought for me in 1986 by my dad
                        Attached Files

Comment

96 chevy 1500 2 wd with a 4.3 v6 got stuck a LOT but learned how to get out when needed had over 300,000 on it when I sold it to a kid a couple years ago for 600.00
                          Attached Files

Comment

I bought a 1970 El Camino in August of 1976 for 1500.00. It was my senior year. I was working part @ Winn Dixie for 2.20 an hour after school/weekends and had saved enough money to pay cash but I borrowed 500 to help establish my credit. Paid it off in 6 months.

Comment

1978 International Scout II

Pic is one very similar to mine....It was our hunting vehicle but became my first car when I turned 16 in 1986. Mine was all white with an orange/yellow and black stripe and 33" tires. I loved/hated that thing. It had a rare 4cylinder engine and broke down all the time. In the 3 years I drove it I had to rebuild the engine (new rings, mill the head etc), rebuild transmission (with a lot of help from my Grandpa) and it was always having exhaust issues due to everything vibrating lose. It taught me to save my $ and buy a more reliable vehicle and also taught me that I didn't want to be a mechanic for a career!
                              Attached Files

Comment

Mine was a 1947 Dodge.
                                I don't have any pics. They didn't have cameras, back in those days..

Comment

Working...
                                X