First vehicle?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First vehicle?

Not outdoor related at all but just for kicks thought it’d be fun to hear what everyone’s first vehicle was. Year,make,model and the year you got it. Post a pic if you have one or one like it. Here’s mine:
    Not the actual car but almost exactly the same: 1974 Chevrolet Nova. Got it at the beginning of my senior year of high school in 1983.
    Attached Files

First vehicle?

1976 Jeep CJ-5 soft top with a manual transmission. Same color but replace Renegade here with “Sidewinder” and the aluminum wheels with white steel mags. Got it in 1984 at 15. Dad’s future deer lease project vehicle turned into my learning to drive vehicle and daily driver. It had its moments of coolness but as a whole, I hated it. Was happy to have it but man was it a beating at times. Loud flapping top, no AC, heater was mediocre at best. Couldn’t lock anything in. The fumes from the exhaust would roll in the back of the soft top where the zippers never went all the way down and choke you out. Headlights would blink off and on occasionally and nobody could figure out why. That sucked on the winding Texas hill country roads at night. It was cool on the beach and at Canyon Lake but those drives home at night could be challenging with the headlight rodeo.

Very basic inside like this. Except I was my swing type bottom knob. Feels like I’m going back in time looking at this.

Last edited by Smart; 01-15-2022, 11:49 PM.

Comment

An ugly baby blue 1984, purchased in 1998, Ford Ranger that had a crazy vibration between the speeds of 55mph and 65mph. It had a dent on it from the LA riots. I bought it from a friend of mine that had relocated to DFW from Los Angeles.

It served me well.

Comment

1997 white Jeep Cheroke. Similar to the picture. Bought in 2005 with 97,000 miles. Wasnt the prettiest car but got me around until 2011 when i graduated college. Final odometer reading when i traded in for new truck was ~190,000 miles. Besides basic maintenance she really didnt give me too many problems. Kinda miss her now that i think about it.
        Attached Files

Comment

1994 GMC Sierra 1500 Z71 extended cab. Got it in 2010 with 182k miles on it. Still drives to this day with close to 270k on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
            1976 Jeep CJ-5 soft top with a manual transmission. Same color but replace Renegade here with “Sidewinder” and the aluminum wheels with white steel mags. Got it in 1984 at 15. Dad’s future deer lease project vehicle turned into my learning to drive vehicle and daily driver. It had its moments of coolness but as a whole, I hated it. Was happy to have it but man was it a beating at times. Loud flapping top, no AC, heater was mediocre at best. Couldn’t lock anything in. The fumes from the exhaust would roll in the back of the soft top where the zippers never went all the way down and choke you out. Headlights would blink off and on occasionally and nobody could figure out why. That sucked on the winding Texas hill country roads at night. It was cool on the beach and at Canyon Lake but those drives home at night could be challenging with the headlight rodeo.

Very basic inside like this. Except I was my swing type bottom knob. Feels like I’m going back in time looking at this.

*Except I was missing the bottom knob …

Comment

1979 Toyota Celina supra. I started driving it around in ''93 (pass down from brother). No idea on the milage b/c speedometer & odometer didn't work. It had some pep, but you had to keep pressure on the stick or it wouldn't stay in 5th. After I had an incident with an oncoming car and a telephone pole the passenger side door had to just be wired shut. It got me around just fine though for a couple years.

Comment

My first car to buy was also a SS Nova. It was a 1970 and wasn’t a year old yet. Had the 396 and all the good stuff stuffed into it.

Comment

Yamaha Maxim 400 motorcycle at 16 years old in 1987.

First 4 wheeled vehicle at 17 - 1978 chevy stepside, 3 on the tree inline 6 250.

Second 2 wheeled, also in high school- Suzuki GS700es.

Had good times on/in all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

1980 Buick skylark 4-door, manual 4 on the floor. Nice light blue color. Wouldn’t allow you to short into 1st gear.

It was a a chick magnet (not so much).

Comment

My dad bought it new in 1976, Chevy Cheyenne I started driving it to school in the 8th grade.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	30003F09-6C0F-4FF9-B2E4-A08E8FB2B63F.png
Views:	1
Size:	1.09 MB
ID:	24674193

Comment

68 400 Pontiac Firebird.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Crap yall come from rich parents. I had to walk to school.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

67 Plymouth Fury II-4 door tank! Quite a few pounds ago back in 83! We could get nine of us in it,(with one laying on the back dash)!! My Grandma said if I could get er started and get it out of her driveway, I could have it....nuff said!

Comment

1985 Ford F-150 ext cab with h.o. 351 Windsor and a factory 4 barrel and 355 rear end

Comment

Working...
                              X