No announcement yet.

Sleeping with fan or white noise vs Security

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All you suggesting dogs are falling right into my fiancee trap of us getting another pup!

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

Comment

Just sleep on the side of the bed furthest from the door so you're not got first

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rosco11 View Post
        All you suggesting dogs are falling right into my fiancee trap of us getting another pup!

I ended up with an ankle biter after a failed relationship. I was probably neglectful towards him until the evening he woke me up growling. I got up and some drunk was trying to get into the back door.

That was probably 14 years ago and the dog is now deaf and blind but hes with me at the farm hunting this weekend. He's my buddy lol

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

My fiance and I are fairly new home owners. I'm accustomed to sleeping with fan noise since I was a toddler. I have a responsibility for protecting the house and family. Do you all sleep with white noise machines or fans to get great sleep or do you drop those niceties to be full aware of any noises around the house?

Current setup: Pistol within arms reach of the bed, Simple safe alarm system being setup over the next week or two. Dog, but he is getting pretty old and just snores and farts most of the night

What other security advice would you suggest?

Your dog and I have a lot in common

Comment

Man. What neighborhood are you living in? Get a dog. Sleep nekked. When the boogie man breaks in. He'll laugh at your turtle head. Giving you time to call Nine Eleven

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
              I sleep like a rock, my wife doesn’t sleep so she just wakes me up when she hears something, plus she knows how to shoot.
              Same here, if she misses, hopefully I'm awake enough to end the threat. Hopefully they will leave on their own so I don't have to clean up a big mess. And it's pretty true that most burglaries are mid day when houses are empty. Night time break in's are not real common unless they are looking for something specific or at the wrong house.

Comment

Originally posted by alec73065 View Post
                Your dog and I have a lot in common

[emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If I run a fan I have windows open. I have a security system too. I use a 2nd magnet on the open windows to keep the circuit happy. Any movement of the window will instantly activate the alarm. You can use 3 magnets if you want the fan to blow out and crack the other windows. That gives you a magnet for closed, one for cracked and a third for fan height.

Comment

One other thing that nobody has suggested that you really need. A good high lumen flashlight. I prefer a large Mag Light type flashlight that can also be used as a club if need be.

For those that don’t have a security system, go buy a couple of the Simplisafe signs. They are only about $5 each. Most criminals are criminals of convenience. If they see a security sign, they’ll move on to another house.

Comment

Sleeping with fan or white noise vs Security

I sleep with a fan on for white noise and my wife has brown noise on Alexa. Pistol within reach……on a side note have you ever heard a Black and Tan bay indoors…..no way we are sleeping through that….

[emoji1662]

Comment

Originally posted by AgHntr10 View Post
                        I sleep like a rock, my wife doesn’t sleep so she just wakes me up when she hears something, plus she knows how to shoot.
                        Same for me, i sleep with a fan in my face. My wife is a light sleeper and just wakes me up when i need to grab the bang stick and check things out. When im home alone i still sleep like a baby.

Comment

Sleep machine for me. I also have one at my camp house in Kansas. I take it on vacation too. If the bad guys slip in and get in the middle of the night, it won't be a bad way to go 'cause I'll be in a deep sleep.

Comment

We've escalated our efforts because there was an armed robbery way too close. One of our neighbors in the middle of the night woke up to her side door being kicked in and then in seconds she had a gun in her face. Elderly lady and her adult son was away on a work trip. Really feel bad it happened to her. Thankfully no one was hurt but it's a very good reminder to cover all our bases

Comment

We've escalated our efforts because there was an armed robbery way too close. One of our neighbors in the middle of the night woke up to her side door being kicked in and then in seconds she had a gun in her face. Elderly lady and her adult son was away on a work trip. Really feel bad it happened to her. Thankfully no one was hurt but it's a very good reminder to cover all our bases

Likely they cased her house and she was a chosen target, with her son away and her being elderly. However if it is close to you, I would certainly be concerned at the very least.

Comment

A good dog will go a long way toward warning you ahead of time, even with people outside your door or window, before they make entry.

Comment

Working...
                                X