Your Take on Average

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sharecropper View Post
    However, an average person in a gifted/talented collection of people can be quite different than an average person in a collection of average people . .

Mind blown

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Average is relative like time. The final 2 mins of a basketball game is eternity. That last 2 mins of your life is a flash. Average in certain context is well and good, in others it is abysmal

Comment

Originally posted by Bear Charge View Post
        Wife and I got into a discussion about "average." I feel like calling someone average is saying subpart. What's your take?
        a few areas I'd take average in.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
          Average is not a negative term - for example - “ i like average size knockers”. Not saying anything wrong with below average or well above average - like them all just prefer average
          I stayed in a motel in Saltillo Mx once that had gargantuan doors. Average knockers on them would look out of place.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
            I stayed in a motel in Saltillo Mx once that had gargantuan doors. Average knockers on them would look out of place.
            However, an average person in a gifted/talented collection of people can be quite different than an average person in a collection of average people . .
            Just sayin . .

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
              a few areas I'd take average in.
              X2 hpdrifter, your post makes a lot of sense.

For myself there are Lots of areas I’d take “average” in, like Olympic recurve competitors, USPSA 3-Gun champions, NBA starting Point Guards, NASCAR drivers, etc., etc.

I believe the “group” must be defined before being “average” in it has any meaning.

Comment

Average is the best of the worst and the worst of the best

Comment

If you understand/comprehend the meaning of average...then this thread and most of the responses baffles me.
                  Disclaimer...I’m easily baffled

Comment

was going to say average is relative, like everything else, but playa beat me to it

Comment

Average is not a negative term - for example - “ i like average size knockers”. Not saying anything wrong with below average or well above average - like them all just prefer average
                      Ah, but this would then bring us to the question of what are average knockers??

Comment

Originally posted by jdavidson View Post
                        If you understand/comprehend the meaning of average...then this thread and most of the responses baffles me.
                        Disclaimer...I’m easily baffled
                        Sounds like youre pretty average

Comment

Pic.....or it didn’t happen

Comment

It’s getting tougher. If you’re “1 in a million”, there are 7800 just like you in the world today. Above average? Yes? But who wants 7800 people just like them?[emoji2369]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Average is “alright”.. it’s not good, not bad.
                              Attached Files

Comment

This is an average TBH post. I've seen better...and worse.

Comment

Working...
                                X