James Daughtrey Gun Deer Management

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mule Skinner View Post
    I stayed at a cabin in Calliham State Park in the lake.
    What amenities do they have and how many are there.

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
      Here is a link. Nothing special but a place to stay. I have stayed there many of times. https://tpwd.texas.gov/state-parks/c...ng/shelters-ac.

I stayed here for my hunt. Definitely recommend it especially with 4 people. https://www.chokecanyonlodge.com/

Another option. https://rynolodging.com/

Like you said, this a little ways from compartments 1-6 but if you wanted to be closer to the office, here is another spot. Texan Inn and Suites.

Get to the office at least an hour before you are supposed to be there. If you have an apple product, the office address will actually take you compartment 7 and 8 so drop a pin on the office.

Study google earth before you get there. They will have stands setup. I would recommend hunting those because they will feed around those areas and the stands are setup in good spots. Orange vest and hat are required. Walmart is a little ways from that whole area so make sure you have everything you need before you get there. I wish I was going again this year ha.

Comment

Electricity which made it nice to have light, electric heater plug in and phone charging. Outdoor water spigot. Firering to burn steaks. Restroom and showers a short walk from the cabins.

Comment

Anybody have a map of the compartments? I saw one somewhere but can't find it now.

Comment

Anybody have a map of the compartments? I saw one somewhere but can't find it now.
            They are probably the same as the ones in the APH book which is posted online.

Comment

Originally posted by Mule Skinner View Post
              They are probably the same as the ones in the APH book which is posted online.
              Maybe that’s where I saw it. Will look when I get home since I have the book.

Comment

This link has the overall map and then some breakdowns of the compartments grouped together.

Comment

My son and I will be there next weekend for Youth A/S hunt and we got an email today saying that they are drawing compartments and emailing them out prior to the hunt. Email had some other instructions to limit contact, etc.

Not sure I’ll be able to tell much from OnX but looking forward to getting our compartment assignment and I hope the deer are moving next weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Rounder View Post
                    My son and I will be there next weekend for Youth A/S hunt and we got an email today saying that they are drawing compartments and emailing them out prior to the hunt. Email had some other instructions to limit contact, etc.

Not sure I’ll be able to tell much from OnX but looking forward to getting our compartment assignment and I hope the deer are moving next weekend.
                    I wonder if they are going to to do that on all the hunts? We have GDM Dec 1-3. I'm wanting to camp if weather is good, so if they do draw compartments before hand, that will give me the heads up on which campsite to set up on.

Comment

I wonder if they are going to to do that on all the hunts? We have GDM Dec 1-3. I'm wanting to camp if weather is good, so if they do draw compartments before hand, that will give me the heads up on which campsite to set up on.
                      I would imagine that is the way they would run all hunts this year but the email didn't say that so not really sure.

We are staying at these cabins:

It will be a bit of a drive to some of the compartments by the headquarters but it is right across the street from some of the compartments.

Comment

Do those cabins have daily rates? I only saw a weekly rate. Only need 3 nights, not a week.

Comment

Do those cabins have daily rates? I only saw a weekly rate. Only need 3 nights, not a week.
                          They are $100/night.

Comment

I got an email this morning that we got pick 2 on compartments. Unit 4 has already been taken. They are only using 1-10 on this hunt as the other units have an E-postcard hunt going on in them.

Comment

Our hunt is coming up next week, 12-1 thru 12-3. Still haven’t seen a email on picking compartments yet. Or are they just gonna wait till the day of?
                              Anybody else going on this hunt received anything yet?

Comment

Call Sam at Daughtrey and ask him.

Comment

Working...
                                X