No announcement yet.

2018/19 East Texas Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

put out some hand corn at a couple spots and corn in a couple feeders on the 18th. all of hand corn was gone in both spots the 26th and very little corn on ground at feeders. hope for some deer pics this weekend when I hand corn again but betting itll be pigs.

Comment

Heres one of my hand corn set ups

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Anybody know any good places to eat in Crockett? Everything in Trinity is absolutely disgusting so I’ve gotta find something different.

Comment

I gotta go hog killin' behind my house... Only deer I have coming in with any regularity is an old mamma doe that had triplets... She and all three fawns are here regular, but other than that, it's all pigs... The pregnant sow from last year is back and has 3 of her pigs with her... Me and the grandsons may just shower down on that mamma first this weekend if I can get the stand out where I want it... When the pigs don't show, deer show up, but my bucks have all disappeared for now... had a good shooter 8 with tall brow tines coming in pretty regular before the hogs took over... Hope I can fix that problem.

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
            I gotta go hog killin' behind my house... Only deer I have coming in with any regularity is an old mamma doe that had triplets... She and all three fawns are here regular, but other than that, it's all pigs... The pregnant sow from last year is back and has 3 of her pigs with her... Me and the grandsons may just shower down on that mamma first this weekend if I can get the stand out where I want it... When the pigs don't show, deer show up, but my bucks have all disappeared for now... had a good shooter 8 with tall brow tines coming in pretty regular before the hogs took over... Hope I can fix that problem.

Yup gotta push them back so the deer can come in.. good luck [emoji1303]

Comment

I set up a feeder August 5th and have yet to have a deer come to it.

Comment

Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                Yup gotta push them back so the deer can come in.. good luck [emoji1303]

Yessireee, that's the plan... My grandsons are a bit young yet, but I'm gonna give the oldest one a crack at that mamma hog... He's been doing really well with the X-Bow... After that whether or not he gets her, I'll go back later and take 'em out either with my shotgun or an AR...

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                  Anybody know any good places to eat in Crockett? Everything in Trinity is absolutely disgusting so I’ve gotta find something different.
                  I'm a fan of the Mexican food place on the east loop by sonic. Dont know the name off the top of my head. Their margaritas are phenomenal!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                    X2 for the Mexican joint by sonic.

Moosehead on the square ain't bad. Juniors bbq on the loop is edible

We need to have a gtg up there before season

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

There is a Thai restaurant out of Trinity on 19 about 2 miles out of going north that is made to order that is really good

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                        X2 for the Mexican joint by sonic.

Moosehead on the square ain't bad. Juniors bbq on the loop is edible

We need to have a gtg up there before season

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
                        Thanks, guys. Thats good to know.

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                        There is a Thai restaurant out of Trinity on 19 about 2 miles out of going north that is made to order that is really good
                        The place next to Romo’s? I guess I need to try it.

Comment

It's on the right side it's all homemade very clean too

Comment

Looking good guys! I’m gonna try and get to Palestine next weekend and get one more pop up out, and prep some food plots.

Comment

Put cameras out 8/28 in Angelina NF and saw two fresh scrapes. The biggest of the two was where I had planned to put a camera.

Comment

Originally posted by CSanders View Post
                                Looking good guys! I’m gonna try and get to Palestine next weekend and get one more pop up out, and prep some food plots.
                                Theres one less porker in the Palestine area tonight.

Click image for larger version

Name:	6D09DE6A-0A55-4395-A240-7718C48F6AAF.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	57.4 KB
ID:	24551505

Comment

Working...
                                X