Lampasas County 2018-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Codyw48 View Post
    Went down this weekend to check cameras and feeders.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Awesome find. Are you near the Colorado river by chance?

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
      686, which year is which in your collage above? I like age progressions but I can't tell what s going on without your clarification.

What I THINK i see is he was bigger last year?

Here’s a couple age progressions of two bucks on our place. The wide 10 broke off both his brow tines last year, he might be a shooter this year.

Comment

Originally posted by 686 View Post
        Here’s a couple age progressions of two bucks on our place. The wide 10 broke off both his brow tines last year, he might be a shooter this year.

Awesome! Thank you 686. Pretty much everybody loves a good age progression. I hunt sometimes in Lampasas county and I enjoy seeing pics like yours.

How old do you think the wide 10 is this year? The first pic he must have been at least 3 so at least 5 this year?
        Last edited by BuckSmasher; 08-28-2018, 03:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckSmasher View Post
          Awesome! Thank you 686. Pretty much everybody loves a good age progression. I hunt sometimes in Lampasas county and I enjoy seeing pics like yours.

How old do you think the wide 10 is this year? The first pic he must have been at least 3 so at least 5 this year?
          Yeah he's at least 5, probably more like 6 or 7. A 3 year old 10pt that wide would be pretty out of the ordinary for our place, we just started feeding and making improvements mid-2015. I need to see him live. He was definitely mature last year, looking forward to seeing him this year, hopefully he takes it easy on the fighting. We had a bunch of bucks with busted up racks last year. Like maybe their bodies had bulked up on protein and food plots and the antlers hadn't caught up yet and couldn't hold up to the fights.

Comment

Originally posted by 686 View Post
            Yeah he's at least 5, probably more like 6 or 7. A 3 year old 10pt that wide would be pretty out of the ordinary for our place, we just started feeding and making improvements mid-2015. I need to see him live. He was definitely mature last year, looking forward to seeing him this year, hopefully he takes it easy on the fighting. We had a bunch of bucks with busted up racks last year. Like maybe their bodies had bulked up on protein and food plots and the antlers hadn't caught up yet and couldn't hold up to the fights.
            That wide 10 has an awesome frame. I'd fling an arrow at him if the opportunity presented itself for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Caneycreek View Post
              Awesome find. Are you near the Colorado river by chance?

No, the ranch is closer to Kempner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Dove Hunting

Will anyone else be dove hunting this weekend?

Comment

Originally posted by MatthewStatum View Post
                  Will anyone else be dove hunting this weekend?
                  I'm hunting, but I'm pessimistic on the bird numbers. Seems like it was too dry at the wrong times this year, haven't been seeing a ton of birds and I didn't have any sunflowers come up.

Comment

i don't think I've ever had a good opening weekend on my property.

Comment

Originally posted by MatthewStatum View Post
                      i don't think I've ever had a good opening weekend on my property.
                      Opening days 2015 and 2016 were pretty decent for us, 2017 was bad.

Comment

I think i'm just gonna post up on my ponds and hope for the best.

Comment

Gonna be down to our place Saturday to try and shoot a few birds hopefully and pull cards. Last year we had an alright dove shoot but nothing like the 2 or 3 years prior.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Was pleasantly surprised Saturday morning and had my limit before 8. And my lab did awesome for it being his very first hunt and first time with fresh birds. Only had to pick up one bird and that's when I shot a triple. Birds were pretty much gone yesterday mornin. Killed the only 3 that came by me. ... Also ended up having a buck show up that had disappeared all last year and just knew the neighbors had got him. He has added some bone for sure! Hopefully he stays around and doesn't disappear again.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Beautiful deer and congrats on birds.. good shooting

Comment

That's a great buck! Where's your place again? I saw one pretty similar to that at a buddy's place last year of CR 2200

Comment

Working...
                                X