No announcement yet.

My Mini Hunting Lodge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Expanding foam with bug repellant worked great on my 12x14x16.

Comment

Was going to do the foam... what repellent did you use?

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
        only thing i see missing is horns
        And insolation

Comment

I like that..

Comment

Man I'm going to have to get back on my lease just so I can build this... Really like the simplicity, yet functional.

Comment

looks awesome really coming together.

I'd suggest (if I may) you should put gutters on it and harvest your own water.

All you need is a 285 gallon tote (or smaller) and some of those white plastic gutters.

With all the rain we have had lately you'd be full. Assuming your in the hill country by me.

Then get a ecotemp L5 instant hot shower, 12v water pump, and you'll be really cooking!

Comment

Yeah... we have had a ton of rain... in fact i am holed up in it now... due to rain.

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
                  We used foam board insulation on our 12x32 building we built for a duck camp and it insulates it pretty dang good. On a 100 degree day the inside of the camp with a 10,000 btu window unit hovers around 74-77 and when it's cold and you run a space heater you will have to open a window it gets so warm.
                  This. And I wood paneled over it

Grea job on you hunting camp lodge!

Biig pig

Comment

Originally posted by johnpaul View Post
                    We used foam board insulation on our 12x32 building we built for a duck camp and it insulates it pretty dang good. On a 100 degree day the inside of the camp with a 10,000 btu window unit hovers around 74-77 and when it's cold and you run a space heater you will have to open a window it gets so warm.
                    This. And I wood paneled over it

Grea job on you hunting camp lodge!

Biig pig

Comment

Pretty cool!

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
                        Yeah, during summer they can be a problem. I plan on solving all those issues soon. They have not been back since August, which is good.
                        Foam will work good. Nice cabin for sure

Comment

dig the leg xmas lights

Comment

They are my major award. The warm glow of electric sex hanging over my cot.

One of the best movies of all time...

Comment

The expanding foam I believe he is talking about has insect repellant built in. I bought some the other day at a hardware store. Good luck I love the build.

Comment

A couple minor enhancements. Put in a closet rod for hanging clothes and a simple wooden bracket that lets me hang up a pivoting box fan instead of taking up floor space.

Comment

Working...
                                X