Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Following..

Comment

I kinda figured that thing was already sittin out on the Young/Thockmorton county line

Comment

Looking great Dale. Post up mor

Comment

That's all I've got for now. I'm waiting for some free material from a buddy of mine to start the inside finish-out.

I bought a sheet of lexan for the windows, and I've ordered the extruded aluminum tracks for them to slide in. Have to get walls and paint up 1st. Then the lexan windows, trim, carpet, lights, gas line, and stabilizer jacks on the back.

Comment

wow D-MO just wow, mad skills as always

Comment

Nice job man

Comment

Dale- That is sweet! Can you tell me the dimensions and ceiling hight?

Comment

Inside dimensions are 6' across, 10'2" long, 73 high at the top of the side walls, and I think 83 1/4" at the highest point in the middle.

Hopefully I'll get the free stuff to sheath the inside this weekend, if not I'll have to tie up as many loose ends as possible, and maybe work on stabilizer jacks for the back.

Comment

I was gonna build some kind of drop down stabilizer/outrigger legs for the back. Initialy I thought I'd use fold down trailer tongue jacks.....but they have too much play to suit me, so I thought I'd build something. Then I remembered the jacks my old pop-up camper had before my coward ex roomate stole it.

I searched around a bit for something similar, and just ordered these!

I'll probably need a set for the front too, but the tongue jack will due for now.

Comment

Havnt updated in a while, because I havn't had time to work consistently. I put plywood around the bottom 2' where the carpet will go up the walls. And I lined te rest of the inside with some masonite type stuff because my friend got it for free. Tonight I put 1X3 pine around the perimeter even with the top of the windows. This is what the lexan windows will but up against when up/closed.
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355632193.597985.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	47.0 KB
ID:	24150196
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1355632227.984320.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.5 KB
ID:	24150197

Hope to start on the track for the lexan to slide in tomorrow.

Comment

Bad A#$.......

just fyi...sissor jacks work great on those too...run them up and down with electric drill..

Comment

thats just too cool great work !!

Comment

even an outlet box in the walls... how big is the solar panel and battery pack?

Comment

Originally posted by Big_gun View Post
                              even an outlet box in the walls... how big is the solar panel and battery pack?
                              Those are for 12 volt outlets. It'll just have a deep cycle battery with a 12v solar maintainer.

Comment

Nicest blind build I've seen on TBH, good job bro!!! Your taking your time and doing it right..

Comment

Working...
                                X