Project - warm ***

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beardedbuck View Post
    how did you "build" the battery pack? I'm not much on the electrical stuff "how to"
    3 in series 3 in parallel for that one. 18650 lithium’s and a bms.
    It’s 16 degrees this morning and my butt is on fire. Really keeping my entire core warm.

Will need to make some heaters for my boots next.

Comment

I like it. Seems like one in a jacket would be money.

Comment

man that would give me the swamp ***! I use the ones in the car to knock the chill off but after about 5 minutes I have to turn em off.

Comment

wonder if you tied one on the underside of the platform if it would help keep feet warm.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
            3 in series 3 in parallel for that one. 18650 lithium’s and a bms.
            Care to dumb it down for me? I am pretty bad when it comes to electronics.

Could you hook one up to a 6 or 12 volt re-chargable battery, which is charged by a solar panel, and leave it in your stand?

What a great idea!

Comment

nice work

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
                Care to dumb it down for me? I am pretty bad when it comes to electronics.

Could you hook one up to a 6 or 12 volt re-chargable battery, which is charged by a solar panel, and leave it in your stand?

What a great idea!
                Yes any 12v battery would do. I have a plethora of 18650 batteries which is why I used them.

Comment

Looks grate!

Comment

Hot idea

Comment

Great idea, love the ingenuity.
                      How warm are the heaters designed to get?
                      Can you limit the heat in any way?

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                        Great idea, love the ingenuity.
                        How warm are the heaters designed to get?
                        Can you limit the heat in any way?
                        there is a low and a high switch on the one i bought. some come with a 5 level switch. i think they are designed on high to be around 105 degrees.

just saw this set of an outer cushion. would be able to sew some straps on for a tree. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Zone-Tech-2...a9c7:rk:1:pf:0

Comment

there is a low and a high switch on the one i bought. some come with a 5 level switch. i think they are designed on high to be around 105 degrees.

just saw this set of an outer cushion. would be able to sew some straps on for a tree. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Zone-Tech-2...a9c7:rk:1:pf:0
                          I had no idea you could buy those things. Thanks for the idea and the link.

Comment

So, with this pad being 12v, you could cut the cig lighter plug off and connect it to a 12v battery mounted under your seat and it be fully functional?

Comment

Originally posted by Beardedbuck View Post
                              So, with this pad being 12v, you could cut the cig lighter plug off and connect it to a 12v battery mounted under your seat and it be fully functional?
                              yep.

Comment

Awesome Idea!!

Comment

Working...
                                X