No announcement yet.

Budget Home Build!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man this is so freaking cool! My goal is to build my own house one day. Keep up the good work

Comment

FIL installed all windows yesterday afternoon and I got 1 exterior door up. Picking up a couple more doors this afternoon and should have this baby 100% dried in. Here is a pic of the windows.
      Attached Files

Comment

Excellent build and craftsmanship, my hat's off to you. I'll have to admit a project like this would be a little overwhelming for me, but can certainly imagine the satisfaction once it's complete.

Hopefully, your wife is feeling better.

Comment

Comment

Looking good

Comment

Coming along nice sir!

Comment

can't wait to see the progress

Comment

looking good! I love the metal roof. galvalume is the way to go!

Comment

I'll have better progress pics tomorrow. Planning to finish the porch roof and install exterior doors.

Appreciate all the comments.

Comment

Porch roof progress was slow this wknd but inside went well. Wires ran and insulation half done. Bathroom tubs set in place as well. This week I hope to finish porch roof, interior doors, insulation and start plumbing.

Believe I'm sitting somewhere between $18-$19k at this point.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Is all the lumber outside like the peers and deck and 4x4 that support the deck is all that treated wood?

Comment

Originally posted by Houston4x4 View Post
                          Is all the lumber outside like the peers and deck and 4x4 that support the deck is all that treated wood?
                          Yes. Treated 4x6

Everything exterior is treated.

Comment

Been knocking out interior. Walls are insulated, electrical is in place and I will be getting plumbing done this week. Built the front steps Saturday so we could eliminate the ladder access!

Will try and take some pics this evening of progress. Making a Lowe's trip and doing a QSP for the remaining materials. Should save $$$$$$!!!! Budget is looking good so far. Shooting for Thanksgiving or week after to be completed!

Comment

Front Steps 10' wide
                              Attached Files

Comment

Sorry about the time change. I know that doesn't help much in the evenings.

Comment

Working...
                                X