Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking good

Comment

Finally got the money together for a project. I've reported on my culvert wash out from the small Creek that comes into my property. It's the only way to get my tractor around to the back of the land. Big rains washed everything out after the Culvert got clogged up. Finally got with the neighbors and getting it fixed this week.

The old Culvert had a 45-degree bend in it and would get clogged in the Bend. Water would back up and go over and around washed out all the dirt and made a small Grand Canyon.

Had a guy actually straighten out the creek and put straight culvert. Also upgraded from 24 to 36 in. Went from 25 year old rusted-out metal to corrugated plastic.

Before ...

In progress...

Out with the old:

Last edited by Chew; 08-20-2018, 07:12 PM.

Comment

In with the new....

They will be bringing in several truck loads of clay and Rock to finish the job.

Culvert is 60' long.
        Last edited by Chew; 08-20-2018, 07:05 PM.

Comment

Unless you got other plans we were able to recoup some money selling the old culvert for scrap after a similar deal

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Hmm. If it's still up there next weekend I'm going to try to do that. Even though my 20 foot trailer has no wood on it right now.

Comment

Looking good Bobby. Have you gotten any rain lately? Struggling on the west side. I would make the guy haul that old culvert off, but I am OCD. I would think it would be more of headache to cut up, transport and sale? To each his own though....JMHO

Comment

Little rain here and there. Not much. Creeks are low.

Comment

That investment should be well worth it. Not a sexy way to spend hard earned money but it will surely enhance your enjoyment.

Good pics. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Culvert job turned out better than I was hoping. Very happy with it. was able to get my tractor to the back of the property today and do some Mowing and clearing that I've been putting off for over 2 years.

Comment

Comment

Looks very good. Now the put off work begins

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Old pup has got the right idea☺

Comment

Awesome

Comment

Well done Mr Minchew [emoji108]

Comment

Great pics. The culvert and road should be a great upgrade.

Comment

Working...
                                X