No announcement yet.

Grapevine 2019-2020 thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, permit only. Dont believe the general permits are still good for out there currently. I could be wrong.

Comment

anything good

Anybody harvest anything decent from this area in the last couple months?

Comment

Originally posted by NorthlakeHunter View Post
        Anybody harvest anything decent from this area in the last couple months?
        I've been out there a lot this season and I'm not seeing much. Hard to get to some spots because of all the rain.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

Comment

Anybody see any good deer or kill anything on grapevine corps land last season?

Comment

Originally posted by jakemoorman View Post
            Anybody see any good deer or kill anything on grapevine corps land last season?

This is my first time putting in for it so I’m super excited.

Comment

I will be putting in for it for the first time this year as well. I grew up in the area but never hunted until this last year, and im up by McKinney now. Still have folks down that way though. On the map it looks like there is only two parking lots, off 377 by the Knobb hill trail and another futher down Dunham Rd. Are these the lots you guys are talking about that you had your vehicle broken into?

Comment

I love in west Fort Worth and maybe I didn’t read the thread good enough to see about vehicles being broke in. [emoji2371]

I’m just excited about the possibility for the hunt.

Comment

Well, I was trying to figure out where to park and access that was legal. I wasn't sure if you drive by and see 225 vehicles parked all alongside the roads everywhere or not. I ask because what I believe they're referring to as the "bob cat lot" is not one of the two designated parking lots on the map. Obviously if most people can access their spot faster and easier, they will park as close as possible, myself included. I just want to make sure its not.."cheating" if everyone else is playing by the rules and hitting the designated parking lot.
                  Last edited by firemedic731; 07-12-2020, 07:51 AM.

Comment

According to the COE, there are only two places to park. That south parking lot would make it harder to get back to the hunting area unless you were will you make the trek.

Comment

There was a south lot that wasn't a designated spot but everyone use it with no issues. Then it was a designated spot the past few years but it looks like they took it away this year. I believe that lot is for sale as they are building a bunch of houses over there, so I assume that's why that spot is not longer a 'designated' spot. It was the best parking spot in my opinion. There are guys who park off the bar ditch as well but I'm not sure how often Roanoke cops right tickets. We'll have to get creative with access this year for sure.

Comment

The Bob Cat lot was just off 377. I haven't driven by there in a while, but based on the updated maps it looks like there has been a bit more development in that area and the parking area may be closed.

I was one of the unlucky soles that had my vehicle broken into in that lot. The very first day I parked there, three trucks all had windows smashed in and the low hanging fruit taken. The officer on the scene told me that it was not a regular problem, but that it does happen from time to time.

Comment

lets roll!

Comment

Originally posted by GVS View Post
                            The Bob Cat lot was just off 377. I haven't driven by there in a while, but based on the updated maps it looks like there has been a bit more development in that area and the parking area may be closed.

I was one of the unlucky soles that had my vehicle broken into in that lot. The very first day I parked there, three trucks all had windows smashed in and the low hanging fruit taken. The officer on the scene told me that it was not a regular problem, but that it does happen from time to time.
                            That sucks! I've parked there many times and never had issues. Sorry to hear that; would def tick me off!

Comment

One of the only places I have had my truck broke into was on the Vine. Hate a thief!!!

Comment

Does anyone know the date they will do the drawing?

Comment

Working...
                                X