Hog Poison?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hully1029 View Post
    Instead of spending the money on poison, how bout take that money and put a bounty on them. Pay the hunter. Talk about motivation! Getting a small payment to kill pigs, sign me up. Doesnt have to be much, say $20 bucks a tail.

Last year, TBH totaled 2,051 hogs logged on the KAP 2018. That would only be a smidge over 40k in payout.

Allot 5M a year in a "agricultural regeneration effort" account and tell the hunters to get after it..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    I like this idea!

Comment

TPWD has been working with an Australian man to produce a bait. It has been proven to work quickly and efficiently. They are doing the final testing right now. Possibly ready in 2020. The real issue is will people use it since many make a bunch of $$$ on hog hunters?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I can tell you if 1 pig roots up an entire row of gopher bait it will not kill him.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie PhD View Post
          The toxicant (warfarin) that was pushed by Sid Miller was not approved. Realistically it was too slow acting and the pigs needed to eat too much for it to be effective.

The feds are still testing another toxicant but it is still in development and ultimately may not be available off the shelf. Last I heard it was still a couple years out. But it is very effective
          Is this the one (not warfarin) they are testing in Australia as well?

Instead of spending the money on poison, how bout take that money and put a bounty on them. Pay the hunter. Talk about motivation! Getting a small payment to kill pigs, sign me up. Doesnt have to be much, say $20 bucks a tail.

We currently have a bounty in Guadalupe County--$5 per tail and I've collected $200 plus since last August. Too bad it isn't state-wide as I have trapped 43 in Gonzales county since February.
          And I vote for $20 per tail, retroactive to last year!!!
          Last edited by dustoffer; 04-16-2019, 05:22 PM.

Comment

i agree with the bounty except it should be on the hunters ear that lets a hog walk without killing it.

Comment

Working...
            X