Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the going rate for truck allowance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PYBUCK View Post
    Don't settle for less than 1000 plus fuel.
    But he does want the job...

Comment

I pay 500 plus all gas plus maintenance and tires, the employee 's truck is a 2014 model, I am sure it is paid for, he seems to be happy with this arrangement.

Comment

I get $1500/month before taxes. Gets taxed like a bonus. That is for everything, I donÂ’t expense any gas or other expenses. I personally donÂ’t think itÂ’s enough when you are putting 35k Miles a year on an F250.
        Last edited by Hockley; 04-15-2019, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Yall getting $1000+/month must be required to have a diesel that’s <5 years old...

Most of the folks I know with a truck allowance either get $500/month and a gas card, or just 55 cents a mile. But most of them drive well-used half tons.
          Last edited by 30-30; 04-15-2019, 08:50 PM.

Comment

IRS allowance is $0.545 per business mile. That plus $500 per year for tires is what every construction sales job I had paid.

Good thing about sales is you can claim mileage to and from home so long as you make a call on the way to work and one on the way home [emoji6]

Comment

Our company pays .58/mile up to 1500/month and .20/mile after that. I don't usually break the 1500 mark. We are not required or encouraged to drive a truck. If a truck was required, I'd want more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                Company vehicles are way faster, can take curbs better, do donuts better, and burn through tires way quicker than a personal vehicle.
                That’s awesome!

Comment

Have had a company truck for the last 12-13 years. They pay for everything. I claim personal mileage every quarter. I drive between 800-1100 miles a week. I wouldn’t trade my company truck for anything. Always been 4x4 extended cabs. My newest is a 2019 crew cab 4x4 eco boost. Great truck ! When we hit 150-160k miles a new one is ordered.

Comment

I have had both and there are pros and cons to personal vs company vehicle. For the first 6 years I had a company car, Pontiac Sunfire and Pontiac Vibe. I had to pay gas and was reimbursed. I could drive it anywhere but it was a car. I kept my wife's old Suburban for my fishing/hunting rig so in reality, I had a personal car as well.

I then went to a company truck, just a standard F150 exteneded cab and it was fine. I had a gas card and they paid all expenses on the vehicle. HOWEVER, I had to have a VP's letter of approval to tow any personal trailer or boat and that was hard to come by for a while. Many of us pled ignorant if we were caught. Also, there was a 125 mile limit from our home office. You could not take it past that point or take the family on vacation in the vehicle. Also, no firearms were to be in the vehicle since they owned the truck. The guys that brown nosed the boss would get a 4x4 claiming they went to commercial construction sites or oil wells to call on customers. That company would think about putting an order in for a new truck at 160-170K miles and you would get it in 4-6 months. Also, this was a rolling bill board with decals and phone numbers at the end. When my new truck arrived, I peeled all the decals off and had some small door signs with a magnet back. Eventually many of us were reprimanded as a couple of reps got some small 2"x6" decals and used them above the F150 placard and you couldn't really tell it was a company truck.

Now I use my personal truck and get $750/month and no gas card. I really like using my own truck and not being a rolling bill board. I can blend in and not be so noticeable. I will say this, you have to have a fuel card, that is my one pet peeve with this position. I am sure there is a lot of abuse with fuel cards but I am in the hole at $750/month. We all have magnetic door placards and company policy is to remove them when you leave the gate of a plant.

Comment

You boys put some miles on a truck!

Comment

$800/fuel/tires/all maintenance

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                          Company vehicles are way faster, can take curbs better, do donuts better, and burn through tires way quicker than a personal vehicle.

No doubt!!!! And who needs 4wd when you can use a 2wd company truck🤣

Comment

I worked for a tire distributor and they beat us up on the allowance. it was almost 500 a month, but mileage was reimbursed from an app called Runzheimer. It was usually 16 cents a mile. It was terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
                              Yall getting $1000+/month must be required to have a diesel that’s <5 years old...

Most of the folks I know with a truck allowance either get $500/month and a gas card, or just 55 cents a mile. But most of them drive well-used half tons.
                              70k miles a year on a half ton. Currently in a company truck, but have been in a personal truck for the same company, and going back to a personal truck when this one is miled out. I’m in a new truck around 120-130k whether the company is paying for it or me. When they’re paying me it’s usually considerably more than $1500.

Comment

My company gives 900 pre-tax for everything and I think 0.31 a mile. One of my competitors raised theirs to 1300 pre-tax.

Comment

Working...
                                X