Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pitcher son's new chapter as a Javelina!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update:

Javelinas won the first game of a doubleheader just now 3-2 over the Uonniv. of Missouri - St. Louis. Eric got the Save. He struck out 2 of the 3 batters he faced and assisted in a put-out of the third batter, who grounded to the first baseman. So, no runs, no hits, no walks.

Here's a picture from a couple of weeks ago.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Comment

Forgot to mention that this latest appearance brings his strikeout total to 13k's in 7.1 innings pitched.

Comment

Congrats to your son

Comment

Thanks, ZZ. Followed your daughter's achievements on the track. Fun watching them excel.

Comment

Found out a cool thing. UMSL guys were shooting radar and had Eric at 86 mph from his submarine arm slot. Told him later, and he was surprised, saying he didn't feel very fast today.

Comment

Thought it might be nice to show a complete inning, unedited, every pitch, of Eric pitching for the Texas A&M - Kingsville Javelinas versus the Univ. of Missouri - St. Louis Tridents. Game was Saturday, 2/23/19 in Kingsville. Final inning; TAMUK leading 3-2. Video by Dad

Comment

Can't make link work right if viewing TBH in Google Chrome. Seems to link alright in Explorer.
                Last edited by tradtiger; 02-26-2019, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Congrats to your son. Glad to see he prevailed after the turmoil of other schools program. 86 from the bump with that arm slot is impressive. Enjoy it. I have a HS kid and it is a lot of fun watching these kids prevail through the tough times

Comment

Some of my best memories are from that school, go Hogs

Comment

BTW, meant to point out that Googling "Eric Sandoz TAMUK" should bring up the uncut inning (little over 5 mins.) versus UMSL for anyone wanting to see an unedited clip of quality Dad-shot video.

Comment

Update:

The Javelinas came all the way back from a 10-run deficit amassed in the third versus the Hilltoppers of St. Edwards tonight. Eric got the win, entering with two on, two out, down a run in the top of the 8th in Kingsville. He struck out -- swinging -- the only batter faced that inning.

The Javi hitters tied things in the home half of the eighth. Sandoz pitched a hitless top of the ninth -- overcoming a two-base infield error to strand the go-ahead run in scoring position.

In the bottom of the ninth, TAMUK loaded the bases, with the help of an intentional free pass for the lead-off hitter, which led to a walk-off wild pitch win for the Javelinas.

For Eric: that's 2 Wins, with 2 Saves; Striking out 14 over 8.2 innings while yielding only 6 hits.
                        Last edited by tradtiger; 03-06-2019, 12:26 AM. Reason: Correct stats

Comment

Update:

"Fantastic" was the word used by the streaming video announcer to describe Eric's outing today, as the TAMUK Javelinas won the final game of a four-game series against Angelo State Univ., 14-5, -- having dropped the first three games prior.

Stepping out of his normal role as a short-term reliever or closer, Sandoz entered in the fourth inning of a one-run game and completed the game. He got the win in allowing only 2 runs on 5 hits, with 4 strikeouts over 6 complete innings. He threw 101 pitches, with 65 strikes. This is by far his longest outing since high school. For perspective, the two runs Eric allowed came against a line-up that scored 28 runs in the three previous games this weekend. As a proud Dad, I agree with the announcer's "fantastic" assessment and would add "beast" to describe this young man!

Season stats now as follows: ERA 3.68; 14.2 Innings Pitched; 18 Strikeouts; has allowed 11 Hits and 6 Earned Runs over this span.

Record: 3 Wins, No Losses, 2 Saves

Comment

Congrats to him. That is a a tough long outing for a closer. I’m sure he will feel that one for a few days

Comment

Go Javelinas!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks. Go Javi's!

Comment

Working...
                                X