Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pitcher son's new chapter as a Javelina!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the well-wishes, y'all.

I know he'd enjoy meeting you, Dave.

Tracker, I know you've been following for a while. Nice vote of confidence, too.

As far as Coach Gonzales goes. I'm very impressed with him!

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Comment

BTW, anyone wanting to follow the current game can get written play by play by going to the TAMUK baseball site, pulling up the schedule and clicking on "live stats" for today's game.

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
        Man I remember playing against Prihoda and Kasparek. I went to school at Tidehaven and they were in our district. Those boys could sling it.
        You faced some tough squads. Them boys had good genetics

Comment

My nephew pitched his last year with them last year. He really liked the team and coaching staff. Good luck to your boy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Strummer View Post
            My nephew pitched his last year with them last year. He really liked the team and coaching staff. Good luck to your boy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
            Thanks, Strummer; Eric does like the guys and coaches. I got to meet quite a few along with playing some golf with a couple of the coaches at their fund-raising golf tourney in the fall. Seem solid.

And, Michael: thanks, and I am glad to have him closer to home!

Comment

That's awesome - I played D2 myself. BTW, you might suggest he toe the rubber on the other side as far as he can rather than the left side. Right-handed side arm from the right side of the rubber makes the ball look like the short stop is throwing it to a right handed batter. Scares the bajeebers outta them.

Comment

I know a couple of the players there. My son played summer ball with several of them. They have a great program. Good luck to your son. My Aunt coached track there back in the 80s. Her picture is on the wall of the basketball stadium I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                  That's awesome - I played D2 myself. BTW, you might suggest he toe the rubber on the other side as far as he can rather than the left side. Right-handed side arm from the right side of the rubber makes the ball look like the short stop is throwing it to a right handed batter. Scares the bajeebers outta them.
                  Thanks. As far as going to the third base side, I'll pass that along.

Comment

Cool!

Comment

Update on last night's game in Cleburne versus Oklahoma Baptist in the Alpine Fresh 4-Him Classic.

Eric entered in the seventh -- down 2-1 -- and held OBU scoreless the rest of the way, while TAMUK took a 3-2 lead. He earned the win in allowing only three hits while striking out 6 of the 13 batters he faced, with no walks.

Apparently, playing in frigid conditions in Nebraska last year was good prep for the windy mid-30s last night.

Here's a link to the game story from TAMUK's baseball site:

Comment

Cold baseball. Hate it. Great game for your boy though, congrats.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                          Cold baseball. Hate it. Great game for your boy though, congrats.
                          Thanks. I don't like cold baseball, either. Last year in Kearney, NE, watched games at 32 and 33 degrees -- in March. I guess it takes a lot of focus and adrenaline to overcome such elements.

Comment

Just occurred to me that the brief video of Eric's warmup in the first post of this thread was shot during the 33-degree game in Nebraska last year.

Comment

Javelinas play St Mary's in San Antonio Saturday at 1 p.m. I'll be there as well as for the 4p.m. scheduled game. Love to meet any TBH'ers who happen by. Just ask for Eric's Dad.

Games are also being video-streamed live by going to the TAMUK schedule and clicking "watch" at the St Mary's game details.

St. Mary's won this afternoon's game 8-4. Eric did not play.

Go Hogs!

Comment

Update on today's games:

Javelinas Won both games today versus the St. Mary's Rattlers in San Antonio: 9-6 in the early game and 6-3 in the late game.

Eric picked up his first Save of the season, going 3 innings, allowing No Runs on 1 Hit, with 1 Walk and 5 Strikeouts of the 11 Batters Faced.

Brings him to 11 Ks in 6.1 Innings Pitched; with 1 Win and 1 Save for the Season, so far.

Go Hogs!

Comment

Working...
                                X