Maverick pump 12 gauge at academy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maverick pump 12 gauge at academy

$179 bucks. Is it dependable enough for a home protection under the bed gun?

BP

Yup

Comment

Yes. I bought one a while back

It goes boom with authority

Comment

I have 2 of them, a 20 and a 12, just shot the 12 for the first time a couple weeks ago. Some back yard skeet shooting with friends, only had a couple misses, it shot good. Action is not as smooth as a high end pump of course but for the price they are decent guns.

Comment

It is a economy grade Mossberg 500. Good deal and a tough gun for the money.

Comment

I knew a guy that shot sporting clays with one. He was pretty good with it.

Comment

Bought my wife one 2 years ago in 20 gauge. We keep it clean and oiled. It works flawlessly. 2 cases through it the first year. Dang good for the money IMO

“There's more fun in hunting with the handicap of the bow than there is in hunting with the sureness of the gun.” -Fred Bear-

Comment

Thanks guys
                I think She will feel more comfortable with this at the ranch than a pistol for “bad things”.
                Gonna grab one mañana

Comment

About 8-9 years ago when my sister moved to Houston by herself I bought her a 20ga maverick and some buckshot.

Guy she was seeing at the time shot a lot and they shot it. Always had good reports from her.

Comment

Yes. Ineouldnt try to get 10 or 15 thousand rounds through one but as an occasional shooter and home PDW it would do well.

Gary

Comment

They didn’t have it in 20 gauge. They had it with full length barrel for $10 more.
                      But I will reconsider the 12 with lighter (2 3/4”) loads.

Big pig

Comment

I have a 20 and a 12. You won't find a better pump in this price range. I've owned them several years and used regular bird shot, buckshot and magnum slug loads. Never a issue with either gun.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Comment

Sales over. I appreciate the advice and will find another sale or a used one based on your reviews.
                          I don’t need it right now (just yet) anyway.

BP

Comment

Working...
                          X