No announcement yet.

Diy Ebike

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do you know what Bottom Bracket Size to get? Also will you post how you are going to build your own battery?

Comment

Originally posted by Bassdeer View Post
      How do you know what Bottom Bracket Size to get? Also will you post how you are going to build your own battery?
      yes I will do the build in this thread.

just measure the bottom bracket on the bike you want to install it on. (metal to metal only, ignore any nuts)

some kits are sold with a range and include spacers like 68mm-73mm and 73-100mm. goes up to 120mm which is what bike 2 really needed. I ordered a 100mm and ended up grinding the non drive side down to about 90mm to fit it.

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have that same bike. That’s cool. I may have to copy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Had a chance to ride the original bike and can confirm this thing is the real deal and a blast. More capable than I thought and can’t wait to give the fatty a ride!

Comment

Started on the battery build tonight. I had ordered a fancy 70 cell holder that somehow got lost in the mail. I’m too impatient to wait on it as I’m trying to have this ready to roll for this weekend.

Start with quality cells with amp ratings where you need them. I need to be able to run 30 amps for my motors controller. So I chose to use the LG HG2

Charge them all up to same voltage and lay out the design. Rectangle/ triangle etc. I’m doing a 52v nominal battery. 14 series 5 parallel. ( 14s5p). It will have 58.8v at full charge and will cut off at 42v. Each cell is 3000 mah so it will be 15AH.

14s5p layout

Started to spot weld nickel strips.

That’s were I stopped. My spot welder battery needs charged. I’m using an Arduino spot welder . Basically a raspberry pi little micro controller programmed and hooked up to a 12v battery. Can use car battery or Lipo. I’m using a Lipo.

Comment

ill finish the spot welding, wire up the balancing BMS, solder on some xt90 discharge wires, xt60 charging wires, wrap it in some foam for cushion and heat shrink it.

Comment

Yes people. All I usually hear also when Wes talks about battery stuff is blah blah blah battery blah blah charge. He definitely is the Sheldon Cooper of batteries and anything that has to do with hydrogen powered transistor lithium magnetic light producing sound waves affiliated with power producing charges and electromagnetic waves.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Stalker View Post
                  Yes people. All I usually hear also when Wes talks about battery stuff is blah blah blah battery blah blah charge. He definitely is the Sheldon Cooper of batteries and anything that has to do with hydrogen powered transistor lithium magnetic light producing sound waves affiliated with power producing charges and electromagnetic waves.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

lmao

there was 1 guy asking for it, blame him.
                  Also will you post how you are going to build your own battery?

Comment

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
                    lmao

there was 1 guy asking for it, blame him.

What are friends for right???🕺🏼🕺🏼🕺🏼

Comment

Finished battery up. Wired up the balancing leads for bms. Soldered on the discharging and charging cables with xt90 and xt60 connectors, wrapped in kaplon tape , used a foam cushion and heat shrink tube.
                      Fits perfect in the battery bag. Not real pretty but that’s what the bag is for

I’ll also make a lithium 12v pack and run a 12v cube spot led light on it for headlight.

Comment

Good stuff.

Comment

Since we are only about 30 miles apart how bout I just buy the parts and you build me one?

Comment

Originally posted by sweetinlow660 View Post
                            Since we are only about 30 miles apart how bout I just buy the parts and you build me one?
                            tack on about $300 for labor and ill do it

i may sell the plus bike for way less than i got in it.

Comment

Which bike is the plus bike? And how much is way less than you have in it?

Comment

Originally posted by sweetinlow660 View Post
                                Which bike is the plus bike? And how much is way less than you have in it?
                                Plus bike is the mid fat ( the first one). That one has some upgraded parts on it like the twist throttle , color display, and lekkie 28t chainring. Bike was $450 and I got about $1800 or so in parts. I would sell it for $1700 with battery and $1200 without battery.

Comment

Working...
                                X