Laguna Atascosa 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by philipolsen View Post
    I'll be out there 11/16 - 11/20. This will be my third year to hunt out there. Had a great time the past 2 years

Have you got one yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jdunn6092 View Post
      Have you got one yet?

Not yet, I've seen a lot though and did get a shot off at a Nigel last year but shot just over the top of it, made me sick to my stomach

Comment

Originally posted by philipolsen View Post
        Not yet, I've seen a lot though and did get a shot off at a Nigel last year but shot just over the top of it, made me sick to my stomach

Man that sucks. Sorry. Maybe you’ll have better luck this year!!!

Comment

How did y’all get drawn???? I guess I applied for something else? Mine still says “application received” and the available dates are in January-February.

this was for archery... you may have applied for the gun hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
            this was for archery... you may have applied for the gun hunt.

Yeah I think so. I’d rather have the archery tag!!! I just looked it up. There’s 750 archery tags available. Is it super crowded out there???? How do they have that many permits for 3 hunt dates???

Comment

Yeah I think so. I’d rather have the archery tag!!! I just looked it up. There’s 750 archery tags available. Is it super crowded out there???? How do they have that many permits for 3 hunt dates???

Around 80k acres.

I’ll be out there this year. Got drawn the 12/7-12/11. Can’t wait to get back out there!

Comment

Got drawn for 11/16-11/20. Remember mandatory orientation on the day before hunt starts at 0900 at Los Fresno's community center. Scouting allowed after orientation

Comment

The orientation was the evening before the first day of hunting last year. It’s at 9:00am this year the day before?

Comment

Good luck you y’all hunting lanwr. My favorite place to hunt. Unit 3 is huge and wide open. I think having the 4 whlr will help you get in deep and much faster. Look for water. I hunted 3 on all but one hunt last year and saw tons of Nilgai. Just too wide open to make a good sneak on them

Comment

Ya it looks like they changed the mandatory orientation time on the hunting info PDF for this year
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by Zapatahorn; 08-17-2018, 11:12 PM.

Comment

Wonder ... during the pre hunt scouting session, they will allow stand placement?

Comment

Originally posted by DannyGarcia View Post
                          You have a HUGE advantage with the 4 wheeler

Unless you have a disabilty along with your paperwork, you can not use any motorized vehicles in there. Unless the rules have changed it is bicycle access only.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

i Have a bad/deformed hip joint. uneven ground...long distance doesn't fare well these days.

I am gonna try to scout next month on a bike. Not sure how far I will get though. Once I get set up, I can sit for hours.

I am gonna call the folks down there and talk with them about it.

Comment

[quote=Zapatahorn;13557463]Got drawn for 11/16-11/20. Remember mandatory orientation on the day before hunt starts at 0900 at Los Fresno's community center. Scouting allowed after orientation

Good luck-
                              Last edited by RiverRat00; 08-18-2018, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapatahorn View Post
                                Ya it looks like they changed the mandatory orientation time on the hunting info PDF for this year
                                That kind of sucks for the second hunt. It would mean you would have to go down on Thanksgiving. Why can't they do this via webex?

Comment

Working...
                                X