• Show
Clear All

The fifth one in as many weeks

Click image for larger version

Name:	E4FC4FB3-131C-4B27-84B9-B108F36DC655.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	67.8 KB
ID:	25193048

I was going out to the blind this morning and as I crossed the cattle guard going out of the yard I saw this guy laying across the road. This makes the fifth one we have killed since the first of September. This is after going all spring and summer without seeing a single one.

Caught a pretty good sized prairie rattlesnake three days ago by my buddies house, 44 to 46" and 12 buttons. They're on the move this time of year. Cold weather is coming and they know it.

I get a lot of calls from people this time of year. I just relocate them to places I hunt for them in the Spring.
    Last edited by okrattler; 10-05-2019, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
      Caught a pretty good sized prairie rattlesnake three days ago by my buddies house, 44 to 46" and 12 buttons. They're on the move this time of year. Cold weather is coming and they know it.

I get a lot of calls from people this time of year. I just relocate them to places I hunt for them in the Spring.
      I relocate mine to the hereafter.

Comment

They're about like coyotes. There's really no way to get ahead of them once you have them. 10 to 20 are being born right now to replace the 5 that are missing. You have a lot of work ahead of you.

Comment

I have killed 69 in the 20 years we have lived on these 7 acres. Most was when we first moved here but I have killed 5 this year. They have been from 11" to 6' 2".

Comment

They are starting to move around for winter is coming....They might not hibernate all winter but they are getting back close to holes so they can sneak in when the weather cools down....

Comment

Good kill

Comment

Working...
              X