No announcement yet.

Units 122 & 125 in Newton Cty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So looking at last years APH booklet, it appears that on this bow only tract that it is legal to harvest a doe anytime during the season not just only during "doe days'. Is this true? Am I reading that right?

Comment

Yep, you are reading it correct. You can shoot a doe all season,until your tags are gone, but you can shoot only one antlered buck.

Comment

That is good then, least you have a decent chance at getting some venison of the table.

Comment

Just thought i'd get this thread back going. I was able to harvest a nice 133" 8 point out at #122. I just started bow hunting this past year and got him on Nov. 5th. Anyone else that hunts out there want to share a couple of spots, please let me know. This is my new main hunting spot all hunting season since i no longer have a rifle. Sold it to get all the bow gear i needed.

I tried to post a picture of it but since this is my first post, it wouldn't let me. I'll post it once i get the ability to.

Comment

Turkeys

So have any of you guys seen any turkey out there. I hunted down that way years ago and never saw or heard anything and have been hunting them to the north on the Sabine ever since.

Originally posted by Dashua18 View Post
            Just thought i'd get this thread back going. I was able to harvest a nice 133" 8 point out at #122. I just started bow hunting this past year and got him on Nov. 5th. Anyone else that hunts out there want to share a couple of spots, please let me know. This is my new main hunting spot all hunting season since i no longer have a rifle. Sold it to get all the bow gear i needed.

I tried to post a picture of it but since this is my first post, it wouldn't let me. I'll post it once i get the ability to.

Comment

I was wondering that too. I'd like to get out there and put a gobbler down. I put in about 80-100 hours in the stand last deer season and never saw a turkey granted i wasn't in a spot that was very good for turkey.

Comment

I have seen turkey tracks there, but never the bird. This was 3 years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This is them:

Comment

Originally posted by PineyWoodsBow View Post
                    This is them:

Wow I think I saw the same also same time frame. I ended up doing Big Thicket NPS this past season for hogs/deer since its cheaper and closer for me.

Sent from my HTCD200LVW using Tapatalk

Comment

I scouted the area a bit last season but never got a chance to get out there and hunt. I hunt mainly around Pineland. Was out there a few weeks ago (pineland) and saw Turkey where I've never seen them before. Would like to get out to Newton some this year, the one spot I found last year that looked promising I could tell was already going to be occupied come deer season so I backed out.

Comment

Any updates from Unit 122 from scouting trips this summer? I want to check it out. Can't find the public areas on OnX for this unit though, can anyone give me advice for that.

Comment

Originally posted by prestond View Post
                          Any updates from Unit 122 from scouting trips this summer? I want to check it out. Can't find the public areas on OnX for this unit though, can anyone give me advice for that.
                          I'm pretty sure the government shut it down this year since a Sasquatch ate 2 crossbow hunters there last year. Turn on your map layer setting of Texas public hunt areas and you should see it.
                          Last edited by ElfEyes; 08-18-2020, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Hahah thank you sir!!

Comment

prestond! There are no deer n those Units....stay away!

Just kidding. Have fun. Just beware, last couple of years during hunting season, vehicles have been vandalized. I have not had a problem, but...

Comment

Thanks for the heads up! I doubt I spend to much time out there but the ability to go after does without having to draw the tag would be nice. Do you get out there much?

Comment

Working...
                                X