No announcement yet.

Corn Prices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My corn expenditure is one of the cheapest items in my annual hunting budget, irregardless of the price per sack. $10 per bag, 12 bags per feeder (two feeders) and I feed(bait deer) 6 months of the year. Each filling lasts about 3 months. That's $480/year. The difference between $10 and $5 corn saves me $240 in the course of a year. If that busts my budget, maybe I shouldn't be baiting deer.

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
      Question?
      Who on here doesn’t hunt over bait?
      My buddy up north is constantly giving me a hard time about Texas and corn feeding
      My two best bucks, 160s were killed over a game trail in a tree, no bait. See pic <

I will Continue to use corn for Texas hunting though
      Last edited by James; 05-09-2021, 06:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by James View Post
        My two best bucks, 160s were killed over a game trail in a tree, no bait. See pic <

I will Continue to use corn for Texas hunting though
        Just think what you might have killed in that area over bait.

Comment

Bucees in Katy was $7.99 this past Saturday, not bad.

Comment

Originally posted by asu-indian View Post
            Just think what you might have killed in that area over bait.
            LOL !!! Savage

Comment

I just stopped in at Buc ee’s in Luling. Deer corn is 7.99 a bag.

Comment

Sucks as a farmer because someone else is always benefiting from your hard work.

Comment

It's still moving up. Browns is $8.50

All these other places will jump very soon IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Texastechred View Post
                    Sucks as a farmer because someone else is always benefiting from your hard work.
                    Can you clarify? As a producer (corn grower) aren’t you being paid a higher price for you commodity?

Comment

Originally posted by skinsfan View Post
                      Can you clarify? As a producer (corn grower) aren’t you being paid a higher price for you commodity?
                      If they pay you more for the crop. It's just like when beef at the store jumped up years back but cattle at the sale barn stayed low.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                        If they pay you more for the crop. It's just like when beef at the store jumped up years back but cattle at the sale barn stayed low.
                        They are being paid more for the crop. Commodity prices are through the roof, I have a guys selling grain for $10-$12, corn knocking on $8-$10, cotton in .85 range. This is a great year for farmers, if Mother Nature cooperates they will be able to pay a few bills!

Comment

Just payed 9.75 at a feed store in Centerville.

Grrrrrrrr

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                            I read an article saying the packers are the ones who make out on the price increases, the middle man was benefiting the most. Wonder if that's the deal with corn, surely not. I hope the farmers are getting what they deserve. There are many more folks hunting now, the demand for corn has increased so I would think they would be paid well to grow/maintain corn crops.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by gneimeth View Post
                              Import / export trade agreements
                              I’m for this. If the price increase goes to the FARMERS let it go hi. Sky hi. Same w milk. You can be the best farmer in history and still make zero if weather is bad. Last year the folks around central Tx had their corn crop decimated by hail.

Comment

$10 a bag at Palmers in Angelo yesterday

Comment

Working...
                                X