No announcement yet.

Who's been bitten by a venomous snake?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dang I hate cottonmouths! scariest encounter was when I realized there was a cottonmouth in the bed of the side by side about 3 feet behind my neck. Had traveled a few miles before seeing him. he was a big juicy one too.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
      If your boxes are anything like mine you miscounted. But even then there are better options to keep them from freezing than bringing them in the house!
      I just had them in a plastic tote. I got to thinkin I caught a coachwhip and had him in with them and he may have ate one. I normally keep them in my shed and probably would have but I had a lot of hours invested in the ones I had since the weather has been so crazy I didn't want to risk losing any. Then ended up losing one. I count then every time I'm done catching and I count a few times so I know I didn't miscount. At least I don't think so, so I'm hoping that coachwhip ate one if anything.

Comment

i spent 3 days in ICU due to a copperhead bite. My left foot still doesnt work right! Foot is always ice cold. Cant bend my big toe.

The worst part of the whole thing... I had my snake boots in my hand when I got bit!

Comment

Well, after reading all this I'm wearing my snake boots every day, for the rest of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
            I use to be married does that count?

Comment

Originally posted by S-3 Ranch View Post
              Forgot
              Got drilled 100% through my big toe by a stingray barb broke off, required a hospital stay in Harlingen
              And week on crutches

Very lucky with snakes so far
              Same, but right in the back of the heal. Couldn’t put a shoe on for a few weeks.

Comment

Found a good-sized Rattlesnake in the garden yesterday afternoon while I was running the weedwhacker. Just saw about a foot of the tail-end with the black/white stripes and a rattle with at least 6 notches. Fired a couple of 9mm's at it in the brush, but no joy. Looked for an hour afterwards, but he is still out there... aaargh.

Comment

Originally posted by DS_1974 View Post
                  His initials wouldnt be H.M. would they?
                  I'm not the OP but think you are correct. If it's the same incident I remember, his younger brother's initials are also H.M.

Comment

Originally posted by Preacher Man View Post
                    I'm not the OP but think you are correct. If it's the same incident I remember, his younger brother's initials are also H.M.
                    I don’t mean to derail this thread but I am very curious to know how a rattlesnake gets to be in an area where one would typically duck hunt. And how did it get the poor man’s head?

Comment

Originally posted by Etxbuckman View Post
                      I donÂ’t mean to derail this thread but I am very curious to know how a rattlesnake gets to be in an area where one would typically duck hunt. And how did it get the poor manÂ’s head?
                      If itÂ’s the same incident IÂ’m thinking about, it was a cotton mouth that got in a duck blind.

Comment

Several close calls over the years, but the most recent was Saturday afternoon. I was weed-eating inside the small fenced area where our pool & HVAC equipment are. There's a small ditch we dug for our backwash line that we never filled in. As I'm trimming over it a 16" Copperhead popped out right between my feet. I did little dance and grabbed the dog **** scoop that was nearby. that one won't be surprising me again.

Comment

Never bitten but once I took my 10 year old son hunting in the dark early AM. Got in the pop up without using flashlights and heard something after I zipped the door closed. Turned on a light and a moccasin was stuck in there with us trying to get out!

Comment

Working...
                          X